Integrating with Virtual Contact Center Using a Tenant Based API Token
If you have set up Zendesk SSO feature, user password is no longer stored in Zendesk. This may result in failed CTI integration with Virtual Contact Center. To set up the integration with Virtual Contact Center, you must enable the API token in Zendesk and configure VCC to use the token as described below:
Step 1: Enable API token in Zendesk
- Log in to Zendesk as an administrator.
- Click Settings.
- From the navigation menu for Channels, select API.
- Enable the API token access.
- Copy the current API token.
Step 2: Add the API token in Screen pop settings
- Log in to Configuration Manager
- Navigate to Integration > Screen Pop tab.
- Check Enable Screen Pop option
- Select Zendesk as the Target Type.
- Enter the Service Name. The service name is the web address where your help desk is hosted. https://subdomain.zendesk.com For example: acmejet.zendesk.com.
Enter the Login URL. Append /access/login to the service URL.
For example: https://acmejet.zendesk.com/access/login
If you use Zendesk SSO feature, you must enable Use Remote Login option.
Paste the API token you generated in Zendesk here.
- Auto log is selected by default and you cannot make any changes to these settings.
- Define events that trigger a Screen Pop for a transaction. Currently, we support screen pop for when an agent is offered a call.
- Save the configuration settings.
Step 3: Launch Virtual Contact Center from Zendesk
- Log in to Zendesk agent account.
Click the 8x8 app icon in the Header bar to bring up the Virtual Contact Center – Agent Console.
Enter your credentials to log in to Agent Console.
From the Control Panel menu, navigate to Profile.
In the Agent Profile, under External Setup, add a valid Zendesk user name and a place holder value for password.
Save your settings. Log out and log back in.
Open topic with navigation