You are here: Get Started > Define Settings
As an end user in Salesforce, you may inherit settings defined by your team leader or manager. These settings control the screen pop behavior, define the CRM objects to search, determine where to load the contacts from, and use the call outcome results. You can change these settings to suit your work flow.
CRM Objects to Search
For screen pop, the app offers the ability to search the following standard Salesforce objects for matching records.
By default contacts, accounts, leads, and opportunities are searched but you can select the objects appropriate to your organization and the role of each representative. For example, your lead generation group may only interact with the lead object and hence enable only the lead object.
The following settings in this category allow you to define your preferences in screen pop.
- Screen pop on inbound call: Specify the event that triggers screen pop from the available choices: Ringing, Connected, Never. The customer record pops to the agent while the agent's phone is ringing, or when the call gets connected, or prevents auto-pop.
- Pop behavior: Select to view the customer record in a new browser tab or window.
- Click to call: Enable the option to click phone numbers in the CRM records to dial out.
- Pop a record during a call: Disables screen pop from an incoming call while already on a call.
- Outbound pop: Enable screen pop for outbound calls such as while dialing a list during a campaign.
- Disable auto save: Call log is saved automatically at the end of a call by default. You can disable it here.
- Auto answer hard phone outbound: Enable to accept calls in the Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel by auto answering the hard phone.
Load Contacts From
You can import contacts from Salesforce and 8x8 company contacts for calling contacts quickly from the app. Your Salesforce administrator defines these initial settings.You can change them to suit your requirements.
Call Outcome Results
You can choose to use call outcome choices from the standard Salesforce field or a custom field defined for the purpose. Enabling this option extracts the call outcome choices from the standard field in Salesforce.
Settings offers options to access help, submit feedback, learn about the product version, and log out. Clicking Menu displays the following options:
- Integrations: Allows you to connect to Salesforce or enable Auto Call Log. This option is enabled by default.
- Auto Call Log: is enabled by default and allows you to save automatically at the end of a call.
- Locale: Displays the language of the application.
- Report a problem: If you encounter problems with the app, report the problem by giving us some information. It sends an automatic log to the 8x8 support team.
- About: Displays logged in user name, DID number and extension, PBX, browser, and the version number of the app.
To check settings:
- After launching the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce app, click and select Integrations from the drop down menu.
- Make sure Salesforce is checked. The Salesforce integration is enabled by default.
- To send a feedback, click Report a problem.
Open topic with navigation