Important: Version 7.0 of the Virtual Office mobile app is here. We have introduced a brand new user experience and more. To download version 7.0, go to your app store. To learn more,
- Improved battery performance
- Improved audio quality
- Fewer missed calls
- Compatible with Android N
For a list of the bugs fixed in this release, refer to our
Previous Release Features
- Virtual Office Meetings (Beta) is available.
- Start meetings immediately.
- Schedule one-time or recurring meetings for later.
- Take advantage of advanced settings to customize your meetings.
- Access details about past meetings.
- Join Virtual Office meetings from the app, or from Google Calendar.
- Experience a flexible and user-friendly interface.
- Enjoy HD video capabilities while in a meeting.
- Chat with others in the meeting.
- Record and access meeting audio.
- New My Meetings tab in the navigation menu. With one tap, view a list of your past, active, and upcoming meetings.
- German language localization is available based on device language settings.
- Improved connection when switching between data networks during a call.
- Improved audio quality when network connection is poor.
- Improved handling on Samsung devices.
- French language localization (French and Canadian) is available based on device language settings.
- The date (month/day/year and day/month/year order) and time (AM/PM and military time) in your Virtual Office mobile app are formatted based on device location settings.
- Access cross PBX directory, check presence, send messages, and make calls to company contacts using global extension-to-extension dialing.
You can simply tap a contact from the contact directory and call your coworkers located in the same office, in another city, or another country.
- While on a device call, an incoming 8x8 call beeps and displays a notification to show who is calling.
- Leaving the active call screen shows a Return to active call header on other screens. Tap the header to return to the call.
- Avoid lengthy voice menus by including your voice menu choices with frequently-called phone numbers.
Add * and # to your phone numbers.
- Allow dialing pauses, and pluses for international numbers from the Virtual Office mobile app dialer by holding down the relevant keys.
- Shake your device to submit a debug log and feedback.
A confirmation prompt will appear.
- Ability to End Conference or Leave Conference while in a conference call, either ending the conference for everyone, or allowing other participants to continue without you.
- Improved audio resiliency during network problems.
- Improved call connection reliability when switching data networks.
- Improved call quality:
- Audio delay has been reduced.
- When you select a Bluetooth device with clearer audio, the call automatically switches to the device.
- Improved usability:
- Fonts, colors, and icons have been improved.
- Answering calls is easier.
- Tapping Back while on Call Mode, Settings, or Help returns you to the previous screen instead of logging you out of the application.
- Added contact presence in IM/SMS, Call Log, Voicemail, and Fax, giving you more options for replying to communications.
- Minimized duplicate contact search results. Contacts without phone numbers are now filtered from the search results while looking up contacts.
The matching contacts now display the phone numbers to differentiate search results from different contact categories.
- Added optional one-click user call rating prompts for calls lasting more than 10 seconds.
You can easily choose to disable or enable these prompts in Settings.
- Ability to submit feedback and debug logs directly to 8x8 servers via Help > Send Feedback.
- Ability to edit phone numbers while dialing out: tap to edit, long press to cut or paste. Pasting or calling international numbers is significantly easier.
- Improved call connectivity when transitioning between Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
- Ability to share debug logs via email and messaging. From the menu, go to Help >
View Logfor logs. You can share this log for debugging.
Click here to learn more.
- Ability to share links and info from Maps, Yelp and other apps via IM and SMS in the Virtual Office mobile app.
From an app such as Yelp, search for an address, tap share and select 8x8 Virtual Office. The address and the link get embedded as a new message. Enter name or number of the contact you wish to share this information with. Tap Send.
- Updated voicemail offers a new experience and improved playback.
- Ability to share faxes and voicemails via email, messaging, and other applications.
- Ability to switch between front and rear-facing cameras during video calls.
Click here to learn more.
- A call from another extension user on the PBX shows the extension number instead of the DID.
This helps identify internal and external calls easily.
- Offers a new user terms and conditions.
- Allows copying call log and contacts details to clipboard. Click here to learn more.
- Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow users can ignore the battery optimizations prompt and stay connected when app is in background.
They receive calls and messages when connected.
- New simplified navigation design.
- IM/SMS message history syncs with the Virtual Office desktop app on Windows & Mac.
- Call quality reporting: Ability to track quality of calls handled by the Virtual Office mobile app using 8x8 Virtual Office Analytics.
- HD voice (Pending PBX support): The high definition voice offers premium call quality.
- Encrypted Calling: With support for encrypted calling, you can now enjoy better call quality without compromising on security.
Contact 8x8 to purchase this premium feature.
In previous releases, the Virtual Office mobile app introduced the following features:
- Save Contacts to New Favorites Tab: Save your frequently used contacts to the Favorites tab for the quick access.
Refer to Favorites for more details.
- Filter Company Contacts by Group: Group company and personal contacts by tags such as Department and Location.
By default, the option is disabled displaying company and personal contacts as a flat file. Refer to Grouping Contacts for more details.
- Create Personal Contacts in the contact directory: Create new personal contacts and add them to the contact directory from the Company tab.
Click here for details.
- New Login Screen: The Virtual Office mobile app has a new login screen consistent with the Virtual Office desktop app and Virtual Office online app.
Refer to Login for more details.
- Away Presence Status: Your status automatically changes to Away if you are logged in but inactive for a specified time.
You can change your status to Away manually, but still receive calls on your phone. Refer to Presence Management for more status options.
- SMS: Send instant text messages from your business phone number to clients, personal contacts, and co-workers using SMS and IM services from 8x8 Virtual Office.
For details, click here.
- Cellular Call Mode for Better Call Quality: With Cellular Call Mode, you can handle inbound and outbound calls over the cellular network and experience better call quality and call connection.
On launching the upgraded version, you are automatically prompted to set up your preferred call mode.
To change your call mode settings, follow the on-screen prompts.
Click here for benefits and limitations of using mobile data network and cellular network.