Overview: Virtual Office for Zendesk
8x8 Virtual Office for Zendesk brings phone communication through a dialer to your Zendesk environment. The integration launches conveniently from your Zendesk dashboard, allowing you to combine the benefits of Zendesk with the capabilities of Virtual Office, and interact with your customers via phone without having to switch to another app.
Upon receiving an inbound call, the integration tracks if the caller is an existing user by searching Zendesk contacts, and pops the matching record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This way, you gain full insight into communications with any returning customers. You can be better informed and prepared to answer customer calls by previewing relevant customer record details before accepting a call.
This guide is intended for Zendesk agents who use Virtual Office to interact with customers.
Using Virtual Office for Zendesk, you can:
- Manage customer phone calls from the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Manage customer phone calls from a convenient integrated panel on the Zendesk console.
- Be ready for any call by previewing matching end user record details before accepting a call.
- Record live conversations on demand for accurate data monitoring of your agent or customer interactions, and access call recordings from the 8x8 Work desktop app.
- Improve customer service with advanced call handling capabilities, such as call transfer and multiple-party calling.
- Track the outcome of each call using customizable call tags.
- Create notes against your users after your conversation, with the ability to create tickets leveraging five standard Zendesk fields.
- Import contacts from the Zendesk and Virtual Office company directories for a quick search, and click any contact in the imported directory to make a call.
- Track end user call logs.
- Take advantage of Single Sign-On.
- Receive support from 8x8 Professional Services on custom fields created in Zendesk.
- Use wrap-up fields during a call to determine Ticket Type, Priority Type, Ticket Status, and Privacy levels.
We recommend using Google Chrome to ensure a smooth experience.
Supported CRM objects
Virtual Office for Zendesk supports the Users object in Zendesk.