Use the following Virtual Office control panel functionality to control your phone call.
While on an active call, you can place the call on hold. The other party listens to music while on hold.
To hold or resume calls:
- While on a call, click Hold in the Virtual Office control panel.
- To resume the call, click Resume.
To merge the calls, click Merge in the call control panel. The conference ends when one of the three parties hangs up.
You can transfer a live call to another Virtual Office extension or another phone number.
To transfer calls:
- While on a call, inform the caller about the transfer.
- Click Transfer in the Virtual Office control panel.
- From the contact directory, select a user to transfer to.
From the dial pad, dial a number to transfer to.
The call is transferred, and you are disconnected from the call.
You can record a call from Virtual Office for ServiceNow, and then access recordings from the 8x8 Work desktop app.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
To record calls:
- While on a call, click Record in the Virtual Office control panel. Call recording continues either until the call ends, or until you stop the recording.
- To stop recording, click Recording.
To access call recordings:
- Log in to the 8x8 Work desktop app.
- In the More tab, go to Recordings.
- From the list of recordings, you can review the desired recording.