Log calls as incidents
When a call with an identified ServiceNow user ends, a new browser tab pops up, containing an incident (call log) notification in ServiceNow with information on the caller, call time, duration, and more. From this tab, you can fill in additional information to give the incident more context for future reference. This same action occurs for unknown number inbound and outbound calls. You can update and access incidents by searching for them in ServiceNow.
Note: In Virtual Office, saved call information is referred to as a call log. In ServiceNow, this same type of information is referred to as an incident.
If you selected to record the call through control panel, a link to the recording is included in the incident’s description field.
Note: If your call is with an unknown number or a number that matches multiple users, you must assign the call to the correct user in the incident display if you have not done so during the call.
Note: 8x8 recommends completing and saving your call logs or incidents immediately after a call ends. This ensures that the incident record is complete and accurate.
To complete an incident (call log) immediately:
- When a call with an ends, a ServiceNow page with a new call incident form pops up in a new browser tab.
- If the call was with an unknown number or a number that matches multiple users, assign the call to the correct user if you have not done so during the call.
- Add specific details to the following fields:
- Watch list: Add stakeholders.
- Urgency: Assign 1 (high) to 3 (low).
- State: Use the drop-down menu to assign the current incident state.
- Short description: Click the lightbulb icon to see the complete list of available incident descriptions.
- Additional comments (Customer visible): Add useful comments and observations for future reference.
- Activities: Click the icon and assign relevant activities to the incident.
- Add as much information as necessary for your record details, and click Update.
You can return to your incomplete incidents and add details to them. You can use the ServiceNow dashboard or the Virtual Office control panel.
To finish and save a previously incomplete incident using ServiceNow:
- Enter <Incidents> in the filter navigator to display the complete list of historical call incidents.
- Locate the subject incident using the displayed list using one of the following location criteria:
- Incident number
- Opened date
- Click the incident number to open the historical record.
- Add information important to the call in the Notes, Related Record, or Resolution Information tab displays, and click Update.
To finish and save a previously incomplete incident using the Virtual Office control panel: