8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce gives you control of your 8x8 phone from within Salesforce, allowing you to combine the benefits of Salesforce with the capabilities of Virtual Office.
The application launches conveniently within Salesforce, enabling you to click-to-dial, quickly identify customers based on an inbound call (via records that pop up on an incoming or outgoing call), and improve the efficiency of logging calls. With these records, you can gain full insight into communications with any returning customer, and be prepared to follow up with them whenever they may call.
This guide is intended for Salesforce administrators configuring Version 3.1 of 8x8 Virtual Office integration with Salesforce.
8x8 integration with Salesforce is currently available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), and the Republic of Ireland.
Using the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce, you can:
- Manage customer phone calls from a convenient integrated app within Salesforce.
- Whether you are using the Classic, Console, or Lightning, enjoy seamless 8x8 integration with the Salesforce environment, and an intuitive interface that makes it easier for agents to interact with customers.
- Know who is calling before you accept the call, as well as see past interactions with the caller.
- Quickly and intuitively log call details and follow-up tasks into Salesforce so account teams and management can stay abreast of customer and prospect communication.
- Speed up deal closure and improve customer service with advanced call handling capabilities, such as call transfer and multiple party calling.
- Record live conversations on demand for accurate data monitoring of your agent or customer interactions, and access the recordings from call logs via a link to call recordings.
- Track the outcome of each call using customizable call dispositions.
- Quickly find and chat or talk with colleagues to serve customers faster or advance prospects through the sales process more quickly.
- As a Salesforce Lightning user, integrate with Lightning mode.
Ability to search the CRM records from the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce’s Search tab.
- Ability to select a possible match from Salesforce contacts. Any record opened during an interaction gets listed as a possible match which allows you to associate the call log to it.
Customization allows you to inject custom data into call logs, support any Salesforce object as well as custom objects.
- Due to existing issues with other browsers, we recommend using Google Chrome for the best user experience.
- Performance is impacted by the number of browser tabs opened in Chrome. Users are encouraged to limit to five to seven browser tabs.
- Does not support the inbound call features of ring groups, auto-attendant, and call queues. Users wishing for these features can access them with other Virtual Office solutions.
- The Virtual Office for Salesforce needs to be loaded fully for click-to-dial to work in Salesforce.
- Login access to Salesforce account. vailable on Salesforce Editions (Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance).
- Login access to 8x8 Virtual Office extension.
- Supported browsers: Chrome (PC and Mac)
8x8 Work desktop app to accept the calls if your extension uses a softphone instead of a desk phone.
The following CRM Objects are supported by default:
Before you begin using the 8x8 Virtual Office integration app, we recommend defining the browser settings in Chrome to allow pop-ups and white list the 8x8 cloud domain URL.
- Go to Chrome browser settings.
- Search for pop-up settings and select the Pop-up and redirects setting.
- Click Add and enter <https://cloud8.8x8.com> to the list of allowed sites. Chrome automatically saves these settings.