Once you have access to Virtual Office for Pipedrive, go through the following steps to get started:
- Gather your credentials.
- Add the Chrome extension.
- Log in to the integration.
- Ensure the integration is activated.
- Tour the interface.
- Access People records.
In order to use Virtual Office for Pipedrive, you need:
- Login access to a Pipedrive account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Office extension.
Virtual Office for Pipedrive is dependent on your Virtual Office extension also being logged in to either on your desktop or a mobile device.
As an agent, you must add a Google Chrome extension for integration with 8x8.
To add the 8x8 Integration Chrome extension:
- Open the Chrome web store.
- Search for <8x8> in the Chrome web store. 8x8 Virtual Office for Integrations appears in the list.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add Extension to confirm.
- In the Chrome browser, click the More icon and go to More Tools > Extensions. 8x8 Integrations now shows up, and is enabled by default.
Single Sign-On is not supported for Pipedrive; log in to the integration using individual system sign-on.
To install and log in to the integration:
- Install the Pipedrive CRM app from its marketplace page.
- Log in to your Pipedrive account.
- In the bottom-right corner of your home screen, click the 8x8 integration icon. The application launches in a floating browser window.
- Select Virtual Office from the 8x8 Product drop-down menu and click Save.
- At the prompt, enter your user ID and password to log in to Virtual Office for Pipedrive. Consult your supervisor for credentials.
Note: Multiple invalid login attempts may lock you out.
In order for your integration to function, ensure that the integration is connected with Pipedrive via your settings. The integration is enabled by default.
To activate the integration:
- Click the Settings icon in your integration panel.
- Go to Integrations > Pipedrive > Connect. If connected successfully, you see a message summary.
- Click X to return to the main screen of the integration. Your integration is now active.
The Virtual Office for Pipedrive interface consists of a navigation menu with the following menu items.
- VO tab: Access the primary features of the integration.
- Phone : Access your dial pad, view your active calls, and take notes to log calls.
- Call Log : Access all historic inbound and outbound calls to the extension. From here, you can also access notes that you have created for each of your calls in Pipedrive.
- Contacts : Access People records from Pipedrive and contacts from the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory.
- More : Click to access the option to log out of the app.
- Search tab: Assign People records to active calls with unknown numbers or numbers that have multiple People record matches. If the call is from an unknown number but an existing record, you can look up existing People records and assign the call to the correct record.
- Settings : Customize your app settings.
- Integrations > Pipedrive: Manage your Pipedrive integration settings for call logging.
- Locale: Specify your locale.
- About: View details on your user extension and the app.
From the Contacts tab, browse or search for People records from Pipedrive, or for contacts from your Virtual Office contact directory, to make calls. Simply hover over the desired record, and click the icon to call.