If your Virtual Office extension uses only a softphone, you must log in to one of the following clients to handle calls:
- Virtual Office desktop app
- Virtual Office mobile app
If your Virtual Office extension is assigned with a desk phone, use the call control panel in the application to answer incoming and outgoing calls.
During an inbound call, Virtual Office for HubSpot looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in the CRM. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
You can make outbound calls using:
- The VO tab using the dial pad: For the phone numbers dialed from the dial pad, the system looks up for a matching record and pops the same for preview.
- The Search tab: Browse or searching for a contact, then click to the contact phone number to dial.
- From the Contacts tab: Browse or search for contacts from your contact directory and/or HubSpot to make calls. Simply hover over desired contact, and click the Place call icon to place a call.
Note: All outbound calls are two-legged calls. When you dial out, the call is dialed out to you first. Once you accept the call, the call dials out to the dialed party.
Based on your configuration settings, the screen pop can occur when a call is connected.
The search may return:
- A single match: A ticket is created using the information from the located contact.
- Multiple matches: In the event of multiple matching contacts, the app lists all matches in the Search tab. Select the check box next to the desired record to select as the caller for the ticket call record. A ticket is created using the information from that contact. By default, the call log is linked to the first record in the list.
- No match: In the absence of no matching Contact, a ticket is created at the termination of the call. While the call is active, or after the call is complete, you can create a Contact in HubSpot with the new number.
If Auto Call Log is enabled in your integration settings, Virtual Office for HubSpot saves call details to HubSpot tickets. The call log includes information such as Call ID, the time the call was answered, and the duration of the call. A ticket is created for inbound and outbound interactions and is automatically saved as a ticket in HubSpot. If the call was recorded, a link to the audio file is included in the call log.
While on a call in Virtual Office for HubSpot, you have access to call controls that enhance your calling experience. Using the call controls, you can place a call on hold, transfer the call to a colleague or a supervisor who is better informed to help the customer, add another call and merge calls for a conference, record the call, and more.
- Hold: Place the caller on hold.
- Transfer: Transfer the caller to another user.
- Record: Start or stop call recording.
- Merge: If multiple lines are available on your extension, you can combine the current caller with another Contact to create a three-way call.