What's new in 8x8 Video Meetings?
We are introducing the following enhancements and changes in 8x8 Video Meetings:
- [Desktop apps and web] Refreshed meetings list appearance
- [Desktop apps and web] Enhanced audio/video device selection within a meeting
As a user on desktop or web, enjoy a new look on your lists of upcoming and past meetings!
Need to switch to a better microphone, headset, or camera mid-meeting? While in a meeting via your Virtual Office or 8x8 Video Meetings desktop app, you can select your audio and video devices directly from within a meeting; just click the arrows next to your microphone and camera icons to open a menu with all your accessible audio and video devices!
The following features and enhancements were introduced in previous versions of 8x8 Video Meetings.
- [Standalone mobile apps] Refreshed application interface: As an 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone user on mobile, enjoy an updated application interface for a more efficient experience!
- [Standalone mobile apps] Support for Spanish (Spain and Latin America) and Portuguese (Brazil): As an 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone user on mobile, you can now experience the application in Spanish and Portuguese! Simply change your device language, and the 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone mobile app will align with the selected language.
- [Standalone apps] Combined speaker stats with participant list in recent meetings: As a free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone user, when you open the details of a past meeting under Recents, you now see the speaking time for each participant alongside the participant list.
- [Standalone apps] Ability to view participant icons in transcripts while offline: As a free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone user, while you’re reviewing a downloaded meeting transcript, you now still see participant profile images whether you’re online or offline.
[Standalone desktop app] Ability to disable or close meeting preview window: As a free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone user on the desktop app, while in a meeting, you now have the ability to close the floating meeting preview window that appears when you click outside of the meeting!
Do you want to quickly scan through what was said in a meeting without sitting through a full-length recording, or do you find it difficult to hear what is spoken while you’re in a meeting? You now have the ability to see real-time subtitles for a meeting, and then view a transcript that contains all subtitles generated during the meeting.
Note: At this time, only English is supported for subtitles and transcripts.
Initiate real-time subtitles:
During a meeting in Virtual Office, or in your 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone app, click the Start subtitles icon to view real-time subtitles of what people say in the meeting.
As long as one or more participants are viewing real-time subtitles, the subtitles are recorded in a transcript, indicated by a TR icon in the upper-right corner of the meeting screen. Even if a transcript is already being generated, all participants who want to see subtitles in real time must click the Start subtitles icon for themselves.
Once a meeting with subtitles enabled ends, participants can go to Recents in the Meetings tab, select the meeting, and click Transcription to access a copy of the meeting’s speech transcript for quick reference!
-If a meeting did not have subtitles enabled, participants are not able to access a post-meeting transcript.
-Only portions of the meeting with subtitles enabled are visible in the speech transcript; if subtitles were stopped and later restarted, any speech not captured by the subtitles is not recorded in the transcript.
Ability to track meeting speaker time:
If you’re a meeting presenter or organizer and want to ensure that everyone had adequate time to present their ideas in a meeting, you can now open the details of a recent meeting and check how long each participant spoke. To view meeting speaker stats, go to Recents in the Meetings tab, select the meeting, and click Speaker stats to view the speaking time for all participants!
Note: Speaker stats are only recorded for participants who joined meeting audio.
In a meeting, you now have the ability to share your camera video and your on-screen content at the same time! When you share your video and your screen, your on-screen content appears in the main portion of the meeting window, with your camera video visible to participants in a floating tile in the corner of their screen.