Note: This feature is available to all users. However, ensure that you are using a verified YouTube account to stream, as an account can take 24 hours to be verified before you are able to stream through it.
For details, see YouTube Help content on how to enable live streaming on your YouTube account.
For details on 8x8 Video Meetings features available to different user types, click here.
Stream your 8x8 Video Meetings live
To ensure that your presentation or webinar reaches the widest audience possible with 8x8 Video Meetings, you can stream your meeting live to YouTube. If more than 50 participants will be joining your meeting, create a shareable streaming link on YouTube ahead of time, and give the streaming link instead of the meeting URL to participants who will not be presenting during the meeting.
For details on streaming via YouTube, refer to the YouTube Help content on live streaming.
To stream a meeting via YouTube:
- Click or tap the More actions icon to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the menu, click Start live stream to open a confirmation box.
- In the confirmation box:
- Log in to YouTube via Google to stream.
- Enter your YouTube live stream key directly.
- If you are new to streaming via YouTube: Refer to the YouTube Help content on getting started with live streaming.
- If you are a returning YouTube streamer: You can reuse an existing live stream key associated with your YouTube profile, or you can generate a new live stream key as you are configuring your Ingestion Settings for your encoder.
- Confirm your choice to begin streaming your meeting.