Note: This feature is available to all users, but Virtual Office, 8x8 Video Meetings Pro, and Standalone users must invite participants via different methods.
For details on 8x8 Video Meetings features available to different user types, click here.
Invite participants in 8x8 Video Meetings
In 8x8 Video Meetings, if new subjects are discussed or if urgent topics come up, you can quickly invite new participants who can contribute to the conversation.
- As any type of user: Invite participants at any time by copying and sharing meeting details with them via chat or email.
- As a Virtual Office or 8x8 Video Meetings Pro user: During a meeting, have the meeting dial out to the desired participant for an audio-only experience.
- As a Virtual Office user: During a meeting, invite participants via your 8x8 company directory if they are company contacts.
Note: The ability to invite company contacts is only available via Virtual Office apps.
Once you have entered all the contact names as needed, click or tap Invite to invite the desired contacts via chat.
Note: Only people in your Virtual Office company directory can be invited by name; if you need to invite external participants, invite them by sending them meeting details or via dial-out.
- Once the participant clicks or taps the link in their chat invite, they are immediately connected to the meeting.
- Click the Invite people icon to start entering the phone numbers of the desired participants. If you are joining via your mobile app, tap the More actions icon first to see this option.
- Once you have entered all the phone numbers needed, click or tap Invite to dial out to the desired participants.
- Participants are called at the specified phone numbers.
- Once the participant picks up, they are immediately connected to meeting audio.
- Click the Invite people icon to open your options for inviting participants. If you are joining via your mobile app, tap the More actions icon first to see this option.
- To share meeting info:
- On web or desktop app: Click the Copy icon next to the meeting URL to copy the URL, or next to the dial-in info to copy the dial-in info. Paste this meeting information into an email or message to the participant to invite.
On mobile app: Enter the name of a company contact (or any phone number) and confirm, or click the Share icon to send meeting info via one of your device's messaging or email apps. Meeting information is automatically pasted into a new email or message if you select to invite external non-company contacts via an app.
Note: If a passcode has been set for the meeting, this passcode is not copied along with other meeting details; you must provide this passcode manually.
- Send the meeting information to the desired participant, enabling the participant to join via web or dial-in.