End-of-life and end-of-support announcements
Be on the lookout for which versions of the Virtual Office desktop app and computer operating systems are to be deprecated in the near future.
Note: The content in this guide refers to versions 6.9 and older of the Virtual Office desktop app. If you're using a version higher than 6.9, see our content for version 7.0 and onward!
End-of-life for past application versions
To give you access to the latest improvements and features, we deprecate older versions of the Virtual Office desktop app. To ensure the best user experience, we recommend that you open an update prompt by logging out (or exiting and reopening the app), or see this 8x8 Support page to download the latest version of the app.
For version retirement dates and details on the end-of-life process, see this 8x8 Support page.
Depending on when your version of the Virtual Office desktop app reaches its end-of-life date, you receive a different message upon opening the app:
- If your version's end-of-life date is two weeks or fewer away, you see a banner notification that indicates the upcoming end-of-life date.
- If your version has just reached its end-of-life date, you see a notification that you have up to a week remaining to continue using your current version.
- If your version has reached end-of-life more than a week ago, you are no longer able to use your current version of the app, and must upgrade.
End-of-support for OS versions
The following operating systems will be deprecated for upcoming versions of the Virtual Office desktop app; we will continue to answer Support questions for users on these operating systems, but we will not test on these operating systems or address bugs specific to them.
- Mac OS 10.10: Deprecated in October 2019
- Windows 7: Deprecated in February 2020