While chatting with a colleague in the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app, you can attach a file or image you are discussing to make your conversation more efficient and productive. Let's say you are discussing a document that you have access to, but your colleague does not. Instead of having to email the document, you can quickly and easily attach it in the chat to give your colleague better context for your conversation.
Note: This feature is part of the New Chat Experience, which is available based on your organization's requirements. If you wish to explore the New Chat Experience, click here to learn more.
- Send any type of file; attach images, PDFs, brief audio recordings, and more!
- Attach and send files up to 100 MB in size at a time.
- Send unlimited files over time free of charge.
- Quickly attach images and files in chats with individual colleagues or teams.
To attach files in chat:
- While in an individual chat or a chat room, click the Attach icon to open a file selection window on your computer.
- Select one or more files to upload.
- Once the file finishes uploading, you can send the file by itself or with an accompanying message. Once the file is sent, the other party in the chat can download and open the file.