Install the Microsoft Outlook Plug-In for Virtual Office Meetings
You can install the Microsoft Outlook plug-in for 8x8 Virtual Office Meetings from the 8x8 website.
Important: In order for integration with Microsoft to function, ensure that you are using a version that is compatible with your current version of the Virtual Office desktop app:
-For any version of the Virtual Office desktop app, download version 6.1.2 of the plug-in for calling with Skype for Business.
-For version 6 of the Virtual Office desktop app, download version 6.0 of the plug-ins for meetings with Outlook and calling with Outlook.
-For version 5 of the Virtual Office desktop app, download version 5.0.10 of the Microsoft Integration plug-in, which includes meetings and calling with Outlook, and calling with Skype for Business.
Compatibility between the Outlook Virtual Office Meetings plug-in and the Virtual Office desktop app is as follows:
|Outlook Virtual Office Meetings plug-in version||Virtual Office desktop app version|
|6.0||6.x, and all currently-active versions of 5.x|
|5.0.10||All currently-active versions of 5.x|
To install the plug-in:
- Download the Outlook Virtual Office Meetings plug-in (compatible with version 6 of the Virtual Office desktop app), or download the Microsoft Integration plug-in (compatible with version 5 of the Virtual Office desktop app).
- Once the download completes, open the downloaded file.
- If needed, accept the prompt to install the downloaded application.
- Complete the installation wizard that opens.
If you are installing version 5.0.10 of the Microsoft Integration plug-in, in the wizard, you can install:
Important: This feature is only available in version 5.0.10 of 8x8 Microsoft Integration, compatible with version 5.9 or earlier of the Virtual Office desktop app.
- Virtual Office Meetings integration with Microsoft Outlook
- Call integration with Microsoft Outlook
- Call and contact integration with Skype for Business
- Once installation completes, you may need to restart Microsoft Outlook and Skype for Business.
- When you reopen Outlook or Skype for Business, you have access to the plug-in.
View Additional Information
For information on the plug-in, please refer to: