Configure Default Meeting Settings
To change your default Virtual Office Meetings settings, you must first switch to the classic interface of the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app. You can only access settings in the classic interface as a Virtual Office Classic user.
Note: Starting with version 6.0 of the Virtual Office desktop app, Classic Mode is no longer supported.
Note: As a user of version 5.9 or older of the Virtual Office desktop app, you can only access Classic Mode if your organization is a Virtual Office Classic customer. If your organization has requested to disable Classic Mode access (or is an X Series or Virtual Office Editions customer), Classic Mode is not available.
To configure your default meeting settings as a Virtual Office Classic user:
- While using the new interface, go to More > Settings.
- Enable Virtual Office Classic.
- Accept the prompt to restart the app. You may also need to accept the terms and conditions for classic mode. When the app reopens, the classic interface is enabled.
- To access settings, click the Settings icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Under the Meetings tab, you can manage:
- Notifications: Set up visual and/or audio alerts for meetings you host and for meetings you are invited to. The notification pops up onscreen a few minutes prior to the meeting, prompting you to join the meeting. You can specify up to three minutes of advance notification.
- Advanced Meeting Controls: Set the default advanced settings for Virtual Office meetings you create. You can choose to:
- Allow calls to external numbers from within the meeting.
- Make the presence of a host mandatory for participants to join the meeting.
- Make the meeting start with all participants muted.
- Allow participants to see each other in the in-meeting participant list.
- Allow the use of group chat in the meeting.
- Allow participants to invite other participants.
- Make audio announcements play when a participant joins or leaves the meeting.
- Make visual notifications show up when a participant joins or leaves the meeting.
Open topic with navigation