Chat in Meetings
In 8x8 Virtual Office Meetings, you have the flexibility to use group or individual chat during a meeting. As the situation requires, you can raise a question or suggestion via chat for everyone in a collaborative meeting, or discuss the content of a presentation in a one-on-one chat with a specific user without interrupting the presenter.
- Participate in group chat with all meeting participants at any time.
- Chat with individual participants for convenience without interrupting a presentation or derailing an ongoing conversation in group chat.
- You cannot access chat logs from past meetings.
- If your meeting host has disabled group chat, you can only chat with individuals in that meeting.
To enter group chat:
- In the header of your meeting window, click the More Options icon to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down, select Chat to open the Chat tab.
- By default, the tab opens in group chat. If you are in an individual chat instead, click the Group Chat icon to switch back to group chat.
To enter a private chat:
- In your main meeting window or in the list of participants, hover over the desired participant.
- Click the More icon that appears next to the participant to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down, select Private Chat to open a chat with the desired participant.
Open topic with navigation