Let's say that you use Virtual Office along with Google or Microsoft Outlook. You can import your Google or Outlook contacts into the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app for a seamless communication experience. You can import contacts from My Contacts under the Contacts tab, and access them from the contact directory as normal; to differentiate them from your Virtual Office contacts, imported contacts are labeled with a small Google or Outlook icon. You can import contacts from Google, Outlook, or both at the same time. You can also refresh or remove your imported contacts at any time from Contacts under the Settings tab.
Note: Outlook contact import is only available to you if your organization passes this checklist; please have your administrator contact 8x8 Support to enable access to this feature.
Notes: With Google contact import:
-You can only have contacts imported from one Google account at a time.
-When using a G-Suite managed account, Google contact import applies to contacts from your personal Google Contacts list, but not from your business Google Directory list. To allow colleagues to access Google Directory contacts that are not using 8x8, those contacts should be imported by the administrator at the level of the company directory.
To import contacts:
- Go to Contacts > My Contacts.
- Click the New Contact icon, and select the option to start importing from Google or Outlook.
- At the prompt:
- For Google: Log in using your Google credentials to add your Google Contacts list to your Virtual Office contact directory.
- For Outlook: Log in using your local Outlook profile, select whether you want to import your personal contacts, company contacts, or both, and confirm to add the selected contacts to your Virtual Office contact directory.
To refresh or remove imported contacts:
- Go to Settings > Contacts.
- Next to Google or Microsoft Outlook:
- To refresh your imported contacts, click the Refresh icon.
- To remove your imported contacts, click the Remove icon.