To access your contacts in the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app, open the Contacts tab and access specific types of contacts under different sections:
|Favorites||Company and personal contacts marked as favorites from the app.|
|Company||Contacts from your company phone system.|
|My Contacts||Personal contacts created in the app.|
To access a specific contact, you can scroll through the relevant contact list, or:
- Open the Search tab, and type to bring up a list of search results.
- Open the Messages tab, and click the desired contact from the list of recent chats.
- Open the Calls tab, and click the desired contact from the list of recent calls or voicemails.
Let's say you only communicate with colleagues in your department or location, or that you want to group all company contacts by their department or location, rather than alphabetically by name. You can change the sort order for your company contacts directly from Contacts > Company.
To sort company contacts:
- Go to Contacts > Company.
- Just above the list of contacts, click the Sort icon to open a menu.
- In the menu that opens, you can:
- Sort all contacts by name in alphabetical order.
- Sort contacts by department in alphabetical order.
- Sort contacts by location in alphabetical order.
- Display only contacts in your department.
- Display only contacts in your location.