About system requirements
In order to enjoy the full functionality of the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app, make sure that your computer fulfills the necessary requirements.
Note: The content in this guide refers to versions 6.9 and older of the Virtual Office desktop app. If you're using a version higher than 6.9, see our content for version 7.0 and onward!
- Windows 7 or newer, with:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB of available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer
The following firewall ports are required to be open:
- 80 TCP (HTTP)
- 443 TCP (HTTPS or RTPM, depending on server connected to)
- 8443 TCP (HTTPS) for Exchange/Gmail proxy
- UDP port range 30000-30040 used by the Advanced Audio Codec component to receive and send audio
- Audio input: desk phone, computer, or headset microphone
- Audio output: desk phone, computer speakers, or headset
- For Windows 7 users: Windows 7 Service Pack 2
- Recommended: cable modem, DSL, or better
- Recommend minimum: 1.5 Mbps down and 384 Kbps up
Note: Performance while viewing video or shared content in a meeting varies widely depending on the number of open video streams, content shared, content-sharing window size, and processing speed/memory of the computer hosting the content sharing.