Get Started: Your Profile and Settings
Once you log in to the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app, you can instantly begin personalizing your Virtual Office experience.
- Navigate the application interface: Collaborate more efficiently than ever with your colleagues and external contacts via phone, chat, meetings, and more!
- Set up your presence status: Let your contacts know if you are available to communicate at a glance, and view your colleagues' availability at any time.
- Set up your profile image: Put a face to your name in the contact directory, and spot your colleagues more easily in the app.
- Set up notifications: Keep yourself posted on new communications by setting up notifications for calls, chats, faxes, and voicemails.
- Select your Caller ID: If you need to stay anonymous during external calls, or if you use multiple Caller IDs, you can switch between them at any time.
- Set up your audio and video devices: Enhance your calling and Virtual Office Meetings experience by selecting which audio and video devices to use for Virtual Office.
- Set up call forwarding: Going on vacation, or busy with a time-sensitive task? You can simply set up call forwarding to redirect incoming calls as needed.
- Verify your emergency address: To better alert emergency services of your location when you make an emergency call, you can verify your emergency address in Virtual Office.
- View your available storage space for recordings: As a Virtual Office Classic user, you can check on your used and available storage space for call and meeting recordings while in Classic Mode.