Let’s say you want to temporarily put a call on hold in the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app and continue it from any phone or device on your company phone system, or that you need to transfer a call to a company contact who is currently busy.
It could be that the Lumber department of a hardware store receives a call that is better suited for the Lighting department. However, the desired contacts in the Lighting department are currently busy. Instead of putting the call on hold or forwarding it to voicemail, you can “park” the call in its own dedicated space on a call park extension while the caller hears hold music. This way, you can notify the Lighting department of the waiting call, and as soon as a suitable party is available, they can dial the assigned call park extension to retrieve the parked call.
To park a call:
- While on a call, click the More icon to open a menu.
- From the menu that pops up, select Park.
- Confirm the prompt to disconnect the call and park it for later retrieval.
You hear an announcement stating the extension number the call has been parked on, and you are disconnected from the call.
To retrieve a parked call:
- By yourself: Simply call the announced call park extension from your own user extension on the phone or device you want to use for the call.
- By a third party on the same phone system: Once you have parked the call, you are free to contact the user who will receive it. Notify the third party that there is a call waiting for them on the announced call park extension.