Overview: Integrate with Outlook
8x8 Video Meetings integration with Microsoft allows you to place outbound calls, receive incoming calls, and schedule 8x8 Video Meetings using your Microsoft Outlook email client. Just click to place calls right from an email or your Outlook contacts list.
You can schedule 8x8 Video Meetings in Outlook using 8x8 integration with 8x8 Video Meetings; this allows you to check the schedule of your meeting invitees in Outlook and book a convenient time for all.
You can easily place an 8x8 call from Outlook; just right-click a contact from their email address or your Outlook contacts list, and select Call with 8x8 from the drop-down menu.
Important: In order for integration with Microsoft to function, ensure that you are using a version that is compatible with your current version of the Virtual Office desktop app:
-Download version 6.1.2 of the plug-in for calling with Skype for Business.
-Download version 6.0 of the plug-ins for meetings with Outlook and calling with Outlook.
- Access contacts' calendar events in Outlook.
- Access non-contact Outlook users and your global contact directory (including company contacts outside of your phone system).
- For additional capabilities of 8x8 Video Meetings, click here.
- The Virtual Office desktop app does not sync both ways with Outlook. For example, if you organize a Virtual Office meeting in Outlook, it syncs with the Virtual Office desktop app, but you are not allowed to modify that same meeting on the Virtual Office desktop app; the Outlook calendar will not be in sync.
Virtual Office integration with Outlook requires:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Outlook 2007 or newer
- 8x8 Video Meetings
- The Virtual Office desktop app
- Login access to a Virtual Office extension
View Additional Information
For information on the integration, please refer to: