To receive or send chats using the 8x8 Contact Center app, you must:
- Be a member of the queue to which the chat is routed.
- Place yourself in Available status.
The matching data is searched and found in CRM based on the email address. To trigger a chat request, customers must enter an email ID.
What is a typical chat flow?
- When a chat is offered, the Chat tab blinks red.
Click the Chat tab to accept the chat.
If the incoming chat is from an existing customer, the customer record pops allowing you to preview the details. In the event of multiple matching records, the app lists all possible matches in the Search tab. By default, the call log is associated with the top matching record in the list. You can select another record in the list to associate the call with. Click to view the call log details. For the new customers with no matches, a new case window opens up for you to enter new information and save.
Note: If Search does not work (does not return results), a possible reason8x8 Contact Center for 1CRM is that you do not have access to one or more of the following fields in Salesforce: Contact, Entity, or Lead. Contact your administrator if this issue occurs.
- Handle the chat interaction with the customer.
- Click End to finish the chat.
- The post-processing time initiates if your administrator has set it up for your tenant. Post-processing gives you time to wrap up notes for the chat.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, 8x8 Contact Center automatically sets your status to Available.
- If applicable, click End Post Processing, or wait for the chat to terminate.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks.
At the termination of the chat interaction, the chat log appears at the bottom of the task. The log includes information about the time the chat was initiated, accepted, and terminated, along with the chat transcript.