with Salesforce Integration
After logging to the 8x8 Contact Center application, follow the checklist below to get started:
- Activate Salesforce integration.
- Enable the call flow settings.
- Set up a phone number to receive calls.
- Check your queue assignments.
Activate Integration with 8x8 Contact Center
To activate the integration, you must first connect with Salesforce via Settings.
- Log in to Agent Console.
- Click or Settings at the top.
- Select Integrations > Salesforce
- Click Connect. The 8x8 integration is now established with Salesforce.
- Click X to navigate back to the agent interface. Your integration is now active.
Note: Do not change the settings under the Settings > 8x8 tab. Any changes to the link can break the integration with 8x8 Contact Center.
Enable Auto Call Log
Enable auto call log to automatically generate a log for an interaction. For example, a call log includes information about the time a call was initiated, terminated, duration and more; or a chat log includes the chat transcript.
To view and change the settings:
- In 8x8 Contact Center, click on the top right corner.
- Select Integrations > Salesforce.
- Click to enable Auto Call Log.
- Click X to navigate back to the agent interface.
Set up Phones to Receive Calls
You can set up a softphone or a hard phone from the agent profile in Agent Console to receive calls.
- Log in to 8x8 Contact Center app.
- From the drop-down menu, select Profile.
- In Personal settings, enter a phone number or SIP Phone URI.
- Click Make Verification Call to verify the phone number.
- Make sure the phone number is in the right format and click Save.
Check Queue Assignments
To process phone and chat interactions from the 8x8 Contact Center, you must be a member of phone and chat queues.
Note: Phone queues are separately defined for inbound and outbound communication.
- From Profile, go to the Assigned Queues.
- Click the desired tab for phone, chat, or voicemail queues.
- Make sure your queue assignment is active by selecting the checkbox.
- Save the changes.