Send and receive faxes
When you view your list of faxes in 8x8 Work for Desktop, you can see at a glance when the fax was sent or received, how long the fax is, and whether an issue or your fax queue capacity prevented an outgoing fax from being delivered.
You can easily send Internet faxes to other 8x8 users, contacts, and external numbers. In addition, you can edit your settings to be notified via email if your fax was sent successfully or failed.
To send a fax:
- If the recipient is an 8x8 Work contact, open their contact details, and click their fax number to begin sending a new fax.
If the recipient is not an 8x8 Work contact, open your Fax list. From the fax list that opens, click New to begin sending a new fax.
- In the New Fax window that pops up:
- Enter the fax recipients.
- Add information to the cover page to accompany the fax.
- Enter the subject of the fax.
- Attach the desired files to send.
- Once you are finished, click Send to send the fax. If you have enabled email notifications for fax, you also receive an email to let you know if the fax was sent successfully or failed.
- While creating a new fax, click Open in the Cover field to open the cover page details.
- In the cover page details, you can:
- Enter the recipient name.
- Write a note to preface the fax.
To save changes to the cover page, and go back to creating the fax, click Save.
Note: If you want a more heavily customized cover sheet for your faxes, you can instead detach the cover sheet of the fax you are about to send from 8x8 Work, and create an external cover sheet from your preferred word processing application. In the desired application, create a document to serve as your fax cover sheet, customize as needed, and save. You can then attach this document in front of the main content of your fax to have it serve as a cover page.
With 8x8 Work for Desktop, you can receive faxes right at your desktop and view them at a glance. In addition, you can edit your settings to be notified via email when you receive a fax. Faxes you receive are available for download for 60 days, after which they are no longer accessible.
To view a new fax in 8x8 Work:
- Open your Fax list.
- From the fax list that opens, click a sent or received fax to expand the application window and view the fax.
To view a new fax via email:
- Go to Settings > Account settings to open your account settings.
- Under My Services, enable email notifications for incoming faxes. You can set the email to contain:
- A link to a web page where you can access your faxes, and an attachment containing the fax.
- Only an attachment containing the fax.
- Only a link to a web page where you can access your faxes.
- Only a written notification that the fax was received.
- When you receive a fax in 8x8 Work, you can open the email notification to access the desired content. If you configured your email notifications to include an attachment containing the fax, you can view your fax directly from your inbox.
For your convenience, you can mark your faxes as read or unread, download and print out your faxes, and delete faxes once you no longer need them.
To manage your faxes:
- Open your Fax list. Unread faxes appear in bold font, and read faxes appear in regular font.
- From the fax list that opens, hover over the fax you want, and:
- Download: Click the Download option. If the fax is inbound, you must first click More to see the option to download. Once the download completes, you receive a notification in the corner of your screen.
- Print: Click the Print option to print your fax.
- Mark as read or unread (inbound faxes only): Click the Mark read/unread option to change the state of the fax.
- Delete: Click the Delete option to delete the fax or additional faxes. If the fax is inbound, you must first click More to see the option to delete.