Overview: 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone
The free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone experience combines flexible communication capabilities with powerfully collaborative meetings. With 8x8 Video Meetings, take your team meetings to the next level via integration with calendar apps, high-definition audio and video, advanced meeting management features, and much more!
Use free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone as a guest to connect and collaborate with your team instantly without even signing up. When you sign up and register with 8x8, you can enjoy a custom meeting domain, calendar sync, and more, all for free! For details, see the feature comparisons below.
|Free capability||As a guest without sign-up||As a registered user|
|Unlimited free meeting access for up to 50 participants at a time||Yes||Yes|
|Ability to set a custom meeting domain for your team||No||Yes|
|Integration with your preferred calendar app||No||Yes|
|Ability to make your meeting more secure by setting a passcode||No||Yes|
|Access to a list of past meetings you attended, and meeting resources such as recordings and audio transcripts||No||Yes|
|Record meetings||No||Yes (on desktop and mobile apps)|
|Invite participants via email address or phone number||No||Yes|
|Ability to join a meeting via phone call internationally||Yes||Yes|
|Ability to stream meetings live via YouTube||Yes||Yes|
|Share on-screen content with participants||Yes||Yes (on desktop apps and web)|
|View real-time audio subtitles in meetings||Yes||Yes (in English)|
|Chat with participants publicly or privately||Yes||Yes|
|Ability to empower the existing hardware of a conference room with 8x8 Video Meetings capability via 8x8 Meeting Rooms||No||Yes|
For a quick look at what you can do with 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone, watch the following 8x8 videos about:
And the capabilities and applications of 8x8 Video Meetings don't stop there; for example, see this 8x8 tutorial on how a teacher can take advantage of 8x8 Video Meetings to bring their students together!
8x8 Video Meetings Standalone enables you to use the following features:
- Personal meeting space (for registered users): Take advantage of a personal meeting space unique to you, which you can add to any scheduled event in the calendar you work with. In addition, you can configure your meeting settings to use randomized meeting space names for added security!
- 8x8 Video Meetings and calendar integration (for registered users): Integrate 8x8 Video Meetings with one of the following calendars to take advantage of the convenience of your usual calendar app and the power of 8x8 Video Meetings! Simply schedule in your calendar, and with one click or tap from your app, add a meeting to your scheduled event.
- Apple Calendar
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Via our downloadable meeting plug-ins, combine the convenience of scheduling from start to finish in Google Calendar and Office 365 with the capabilities of 8x8 Video Meetings.
- HD audio and video: Take advantage of a high-fidelity meeting experience that makes collaborating more efficient than ever.
Join via dial-in domestically or internationally: Dial in to the meeting using phone numbers available in over 50 countries; use a phone number local to you to dial in to a meeting free of international charges!List of countries available for dial-in
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Join via 8x8 Meeting Rooms (for registered users): If your organization uses in-room conferencing systems to facilitate team and company meetings, you can take advantage of the convenience of your in-room systems when joining in 8x8 Video Meetings.
- Record meetings (for registered users): Record meeting audio, video, and content sharing, and distribute recordings among participants for future reference.
- Invite participants at any time: Invite participants ahead of time via email, or (as a registered user) during the meeting via chat or phone number to quickly mobilize your team.
Stream meetings live: Take advantage of live streaming your meeting via a verified YouTube account to reach a potentially-unlimited audience.
Note: Ensure that you are using a verified YouTube account to stream, as an account can take 24 hours to be verified before you are able to stream through it.
For details, see YouTube Help content on how to enable live streaming on your YouTube account.
- Share on-screen content: If you are joining from your browser or your desktop app, you have the ability to instantly share a web page, presentation, or app window on your desktop with meeting participants!
- Quickly get a presenter’s attention: If you want to ask a question or raise a point without interrupting a presentation, simply use the “Raise hand” feature to make yourself noticeable to a presenter or moderator who will call on you.
- Join meeting chat: Participate in group chat with all meeting participants at any time, or chat with participants individually in private chat.
- Optimized performance no matter where you are: Regardless of your location, 8x8 Video Meetings gives you the best possible performance by routing your connection through the datacenter closest to you.
- Ability to take over another user’s desktop: If a participant joining via their desktop app needs something clarified, such as how to use a piece of software you are discussing, you can send a request to connect to their desktop if you have joined via web or the desktop app. Once the participant accepts, they begin sharing their screen so that you can take remote control of their desktop; this allows you to answer the participant’s question and demonstrate the solution to all participants in the meeting.
- Advanced meeting moderation features: Take advantage of advanced meeting features and settings; control your audio quality, manage which presenter is most visible to participants, and more!
- Control your meeting audio quality your connection quality drops to ensure a smooth meeting experience.
- (For registered users) Manage which presenter is most visible to participants via the “Everyone follows me” setting; with this setting enabled, if you select a person for viewing, that person becomes visible to everyone else in the meeting.
- (For registered users) To eliminate unwanted background noise during a presentation, select whether participants join the meeting with their microphones muted by default.