The Status tab in 8x8 Contact Center Control Panel provides real-time information about queues and agents. It shows the number of interactions waiting to be served in a queue, the longest waiting interaction in a queue, the number of eligible agents in busy state, and the status of agents. Supervisors can check the status of queues and agents they supervise, and communicate with agents instantly via chat or call.
The Status tab organizes the status of queues and agents in separate tabs:
- Queues Status: View the status of queues you are a member of.
- Agents Status: View the status of other agents belonging to your group.
The constant status update of queues and agents support the heavy workloads of 8x8 Contact Center dialer. With frequent handling of outbound calls, the status of queues and presence of agents change frequently. The changes to the agents’ presence are aggregated and consistently updated to 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions..
With improved performance, the list of agents and queues are reliably refreshed every five seconds. The agents’ presence status is updated even during a system interruption. For example, when there is a power outage, the backup mechanism keeps the agents’ status updated and therefore, the list of agents and their statuses can still be retrieved. This improvement maintains a reliable status update at all times helping agents make an educated decision as to whether to transfer the interaction to an agent or not. To view the status of queues and agents, log in to 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Console and click to see All in the QueueA queue is an ordered collection of interactions waiting to be served by agents qualified to respond to these interactions. In addition to enabling the call center administrator to customize how incoming interactions are prioritized and routed, queues also ensure that interactions are never lost or discarded. Directory and Agent Directory in the Status tab.
Filter queue status information by queue relationship, member status, and media type.
Filter queues by:
- Queue Relationship: Supervised by you, or queues you are a member of.
If you are a member you can filter by status:
- Enable: You are a member of, and enabled to serve.
- Disable: You are a member of, but disabled from serving.
- Media: media type such as: Inbound Phone, Outbound Phone, Chat, Email, and Voicemail queues.
Note: If you are disabled from serving a queue, you can still view the status of that queue, but the queue appears gray in the directory.
Filter agents by:
- Status: you can select one or more statuses such as Available, Busy, Post Processing, Logged Out, etc.
- GroupA group is a collection of agents created for management or reporting purposes. Groups can be functional (for example, Technical Support) or organizational (for example Supervisor Mary’s Team). Each agent can be assigned to only one group, and cannot view or access information about other groups or group members. Name: You can select one or more groups that an agent is affiliated with.
This feature is available for users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work.
Note: The status shown in the Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Console is retrieved from 8x8 Work and not from 8x8 Agent Console.
Bookmark agents you contact often and queues used often, and track their status every time you log in with just a click on the Favorites tab.
For example, you are one of five managers in the AcmeJets Support agent group. You manage seven team members out of the 50 members belonging to the group. You can mark these seven team members as your favorites and monitor their status with just a click, rather than sifting through the status of the whole team.
This feature is available to users of Unified Login with 8x8 Work.
Using the Recents tab:
- Track those agents with who you initiated a call or a chat session in the past. The Recents tab lists those agents and displays their status. Your search results are stored locally.
Note: The Recents tab does not include participation in a chat or a call.
- Track the status of queues you transferred the calls to in the past.
With just a single click, you can call or chat with an agent from the Status tab. In the Status tab for agents, right-click an agent in the panel for a context-sensitive pop-up menu with options to: