You are here: What's New?
Virtual Office Online App 4.5 - What's New?
- Virtual Office Meetings: We have introduced the following enhancements for meetings.
- New and improved single-window user interface!
- Virtual Office Meetings preserves the last size of your content sharing window.
- The Participants tab of the meeting window shows who is speaking during a meeting (pending server update).
- You can now schedule Virtual Office meetings from the Google Calendar plug-in!
- Audio quality improvements
- Dutch and Spanish localization are available for Windows and Mac based on system language settings.
- Change of behavior: The single sign-on process for Okta and Centrify users now opens in a browser window instead of within the application.
For the latest release updates, check out the Release Notes.
- German language localization is available for Windows and Mac based on system language settings.
Option to enable calls to external numbers in Virtual Office Meetings.
- Improved microphone and speaker selection behavior.
- The new Virtual Office Meetings is here. Experience rich collaborative features and HD audio and video during your meetings. Here are the highlights:
- New user experience: The new user interface breaks free from the single-window experience of the past. The meeting controls show up at the top of your computer screen. You can move the controls as desired.
- High-definition video and audio: Enjoy HD video and audio during meetings.
- Collaboration made easier: Previously, inviting participants was a host-only privilege. The new meeting allows participants to invite other participants, start a meeting, and share content. Hosts can disable this capability in Advanced Settings while scheduling a meeting.
- Say goodbye to selecting dial-in numbers manually: All dial-in numbers available for the user or company are automatically included in the email invitation. Participants have the flexibility to choose a local dial-in number based on their geographical location.
- Simplified meeting roles: We have simplified the meeting roles to host and participant. They share common privileges including the ability to start a meeting, share content, and invite participants. Privileges such as muting participants, blocking a participant from content sharing, and recording meeting audio continue to be host-only rights.
- Join meeting audio: Join the meeting audio using your computer’s audio system or any phone number you enter. Virtual Office Meetings is designed with high mobility in mind so that the user isn't restricted to a single place, device, or phone number while using their client.
- Content sharing open to all: Whether you are a host or guest, you can share content in the meeting. Ideal for collaborative teams, the new Virtual Office Meetings offers content sharing privileges to all meeting participants by default. The meeting host reserves the right to prevent a participant from sharing content.
- Access meeting log: After the meeting, access your meeting recordings, chat conversations that took place during the meeting, and more from the Past Meetings tab.
- Ability to use multiple monitors, with simultaneous video and content sharing.
- Schedule meetings from Microsoft Outlook with advanced meeting settings.
- French language localization (French and Canadian) is available for Windows and Mac based on system language settings.
- Outlook import now syncs contacts that do not have an email address.
- Ability to change Outbound Caller ID from the main Virtual Office online app screen and in the header area. Learn more.
- Shows a warning message when setting your status to Do not Disturb (DND). Learn more.
- Zero wait time in importing Global Address List (GAL) for 3000 plus Exchange contacts. The contacts are available via contact search feature to reduce import delay time. Learn more.
- Display the number of callers in the queue upon checking the status of a Call Queue. Learn more.
- Disable/enable Plantronics Headset Call Control. Learn more.
Open topic with navigation