You are here: Use Your Contact Directory
Use Your Contact Directory
The Virtual Office Contact Directory serves as a central repository of all your contacts. Using the Contact Directory, you can:
- Access your company contacts, personal contacts, and contacts from other accounts such as Microsoft Exchange/Office 365.
- Search for a specific contact.
- Synchronize your Virtual Office contacts with your contacts from Exchange/Office 365.
- Click to call your contact, chat with them, or send them a fax.
- View contact information, and the attached details for the combined call and chat history.
- Group company contacts by their group affiliation. For example, you can sort your contacts by department.
- Distinguish your contacts by icons. For example, your social contacts are marked with their respective social icon.
You can call, chat, fax, email, add, delete, and copy contacts with just a click. You can also import contacts from Exchange/Office 365. For details, refer to Manage Contacts.
Contacts are categorized as:
- Virtual Office Contacts: Includes company and personal contacts from your 8x8 phone system.
- Imported Contacts: Includes company and personal contacts from the Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 directory.
The Contact Directory organizes contacts under these categories:
- Favorites: Contacts bookmarked for quicker access.
- Recents: Up to ten contacts who recently contacted you or have been contacted by you by phone, fax, or chat.
- All: Contacts from your Company Directory, personal contacts, and social networking contacts.
Open topic with navigation