Important: Version 7.0 of the Virtual Office mobile app is here. We have introduced a brand new user experience and more. To download version 7.0, go to your app store. To learn more,
In release 6.
IPv6 network improvements: Smooth calling experience for T-Mobile users on IPv6.
Support for CallKit for iOS10: iOS 10 users can now handle simultaneous Virtual Office and cellular calls with ease.
- With CallKit integration for iOS 10, your 8x8 calls or meetings are no longer interrupted by cellular calls. You have the option to:
- Continue with your 8x8 call, and dismiss the cellular call.
- Place the 8x8 call on hold, answer the cellular call, and switch back to your 8x8 call.
- You can answer your 8x8 call as you would a cellular call, resulting in fewer missed calls.
- No more looking for notifications to answer calls.
- Better Bluetooth connectivity: Answer a call using your Bluetooth headset or car audio.
- Call using 8x8 from the device call history or contacts app.
For details on the call behavior, refer to the FAQ article on how to handle simultaneous cellular and Virtual Office calls.
Note: 8x8 CallKit integration is applicable to iOS 10 users only.
Ability to join meeting audio on a cellular call: Users can automatically dial in to meeting audio using a cellular voice call.
- One click dial-in to a meeting through a cellular call
- Removes the necessity to punch in meeting IDs and long numbers
- Ability of users to be called back on their cell phone to join the meeting
For a list of the bugs fixed in this release, refer to our
Previous Release Features
- Improved battery performance
- Improved audio quality
- Fewer missed calls
- Compatible with iOS 10
- German language localization is available based on device settings.
- Improved audio quality during poor network connections.
- Improved performance in the call log, voicemail, fax, and IM/SMS screens.
- Changed behavior in Virtual Office Meetings: Content sharing is available from the Virtual Office desktop app, but can be viewed from the Virtual Office mobile app.
- French language localization (French and Canadian) is available based on device language settings.
- The date (month/day/year and day/month/year order) and time (AM/PM and military time) in your Virtual Office mobile app are formatted based on device location settings.
- Access cross PBX directory, check presence, send messages, and make calls to company contacts using global extension-to-extension dialing.
You can simply tap a contact from the contact directory and call your coworkers located in the same office, in another city, or another country.
Note: Cross-Site Dialing is only applicable to enterprise customers with multiple PBXs and branches.
- Added optional one-click user call rating prompts for calls lasting more than 10 seconds.
You can easily choose to disable or enable these prompts in Settings.
- Allow dialing pauses, and pluses for international numbers from the Virtual Office mobile app dialer by holding down the relevant keys.
- Shake your device to submit a debug log and feedback.
A confirmation prompt will appear. The prompt is automatically dismissed after 5 seconds if you do not tap Send Feedback or Dismiss.
- Show contact presence in Call Log, Voicemail, SMS and IM, and Fax screens in addition to Contacts.
- Search contacts by Job Title, Location, or Department in addition to first or last name.
- SMS and IM can be searched either by contact or by content.
Matching text is highlighted.
- Added confirmation prompt before deleting SMS or IM thread.
Swipe the message thread to the left to delete, and the prompt will appear.
- Able to edit phone number while dialing. Tap to place the cursor, and backspace using the button by the dialing field.
- Avoid lengthy voice menus by including your voice menu choices with frequently-called phone numbers.
Add * and # to your phone numbers.
- App Store rating prompt simplified.
- Virtual Meeting web conferencing (Beta) is available.
Email [email protected] to request preview access.
- Improved call connectivity when transitioning between Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
- Ability to share debug logs via email and messaging. From the menu, go to Help > Log File for logs. You can share this log for debugging.
Click here to learn more.
- Updated voicemail offers a new experience and improved playback.
- Ability to share faxes and voicemails via email, messaging, and other applications.
- A call from another extension user on the PBX shows the extension number instead of the DID.
This helps identify internal and external calls easily.
- Offers a new user terms and conditions.
- Automatically plays voicemail when selected from the list.
- Prevents entering emojis in IM and SMS messages.
- New simplified navigation design.
- Improved display on iPhone 6 and 6+.
- Call quality reporting: Ability to track quality of calls handled by the Virtual Office mobile app using 8x8 Virtual Office Analytics.
- HD voice (Pending PBX support): The high definition voice offers premium call quality.
- Encrypted Calling: With support for encrypted calling, you can now enjoy better call quality without compromising on security.
Contact 8x8 to purchase this premium feature.
In previous releases, the Virtual Office mobile app introduced the following features:
- Save Contacts to New Favorites Tab: Save your frequently used contacts to the Favorites tab for the quick access.
Refer to Favorites for more details.
- Filter Company Contacts by Group: Group company and personal contacts by tags such as Department and Location.
By default, the option is disabled displaying company and personal contacts as a flat file. Refer to Grouping Contacts for more details.
- Create Personal Contacts in the contact directory: Create new personal contacts and add them to the contact directory from the Company tab.
Click here for details.
- New Login Screen: The Virtual Office mobile app has a new login screen consistent with the Virtual Office desktop app and Virtual Office online app.
Refer to Login for more details.
- Away Presence Status: Your status automatically changes to Away if you are logged in but inactive for a specified time.
You can change your status to Away manually, but still receive calls on your phone. Refer to Presence Management for more status options.
- SMS: Send instant text messages from your business phone number to clients, personal contacts, and co-workers using SMS and IM services from 8x8 Virtual Office.
For details, click here.
- Cellular Call Mode for Better Call Quality: With Cellular Call Mode, you can handle inbound and outbound calls over the cellular network and experience better call quality and call connection.
On launching the upgraded version, you are automatically prompted to set up your preferred call mode.
To change your call mode settings, follow the on-screen prompts.
Click here for benefits and limitations of using mobile data network and cellular network.
On your iOS device, you must enter the cell phone number manually.