About the Virtual Office Mobile App
The 8x8 Virtual Office mobile app enables you to stay connected with all your colleagues and business contacts, and collaborate more efficiently than ever. Place and manage calls flexibly, chat with contacts, schedule and conduct productive meetings within your company or with external participants, and much more.
- Call management: Place, receive, and manage calls from your device, and review your past call history.
- Data usage control: Control your cellular data usage for Virtual Office calls by switching to Wi-Fi.
- Improved call quality via cellular minutes: If you are in an area with poor signal strength, use cellular minutes to improve call quality.
- Call forwarding: Forward your calls to different extensions within and outside of your system, or to voicemail. This enables you to have complete control over where your calls are going.
- IM and SMS chat: Send and receive IM and SMS from your coworkers and business contacts on the go, and access chat history with each contact.
- Team Messaging: Discuss important projects and tasks in a public chat room open to all your colleagues, or in a private chat room with your team.
- Meetings: Collaborate more effectively with your colleagues with powerful audio and video conferencing capabilities, all from the convenience of your device.
- Contacts: Access your contacts easily for communication, view contact info at a glance, create personal contacts, and mark contacts as favorites for quick access.
- Receive faxes: Access and manage faxes received via Virtual Office.
- Presence status: Leverage automatic and manual presence capabilities to let coworkers know your availability, and keep your contacts posted on your availability via custom status messages.
This version of the Virtual Office mobile app supports the following languages:
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Spanish (Spain)
Known Issues and Limitations
- Known issues:
- If not all users in an organization have upgraded to version 7.2 or newer, some users will encounter issues in receiving meeting invites via chat. To work around this issue, schedule meetings using Host Meeting instead of using the Meet Now function, and share the meeting link or ID with participants via chat.
- Due to our move to a new messaging platform in version 7.2, all past messages show as unread once you update to version 7.2 or newer. To fix this, open each conversation that has unread messages. Following this one-time action, all messages will correctly show as read.
- The Audio Testing Service is not currently available.
- In rare cases, voicemails fail to delete.
- In rare cases, an incoming call may ring for a very brief time before stopping.
- In rare cases during a Virtual Office meeting, your microphone mute status is not correctly indicated when you start video.
- In rare cases during a Virtual Office meeting, you may see duplicate participants in the Participants list.
- Faxes can be received and managed, but not sent.
- File attachments in chats can be received and opened via the Virtual Office mobile app, but can only be sent from the Virtual Office desktop app.
- SMS chat is available only for phone numbers in the United States and Canada.
- The application does not allow you to add video to calls.
Copyright © 2019 8x8, Inc. All Rights Reserved – Version 7.7