You are here: What's New?
Welcome to Virtual Office Meetings
We have introduced the following enhancements and changes in Virtual Office Meetings:
What's new in 5.0?
- Create and join Virtual Office meetings from Office 365: As an Office 365 user, schedule and join Virtual Office meetings from your usual Office 365 account calendar at any time, from any computer. Enjoy a more flexible meeting experience than ever before!
- Calendar view for meetings scheduled in Google Calendar: At a glance from within the Virtual Office desktop app, you can review and access all upcoming and past Virtual Office meetings scheduled in Google Calendar. In addition to meetings you host, you can view meetings you are invited to. To sync with Google Calendar, go to Meetings > My Meetings, and accept the prompt.
To view all meetings that you host or are invited to in Google Calendar, open the calendar under Meetings > My Meetings, and select the desired day. If you are the meeting host, you can also view meeting details or join the meeting directly from the Virtual Office desktop app.
Note: Only Google Calendar meetings are visible in the calendar view; if you are using Outlook or another calendar app, you are unable to view your upcoming and past meetings.
To view all meetings you host regardless of calendar, reject the prompt to sync with Google Calendar. Note that if you do not sync with Google Calendar, you can only see meetings that you host; you are unable to see meetings that you have been invited to.
Note: In the calendar view, you are able to join and view details of the meetings that you host, but to access meetings you do not host, you must open the Google Calendar event in your browser.
- Ability to record Virtual Office meetings: Record Virtual Office meeting audio and shared content for future reference. If participants miss the meeting, or if you need to remember meeting highlights, you can easily download your meeting recordings from the Virtual Office desktop app, and share the recording with participants.
Note: Only meeting hosts can record meetings.
- Improved Virtual Office Meetings experience for guests: Join and participate in an improved Virtual Office Meetings Online experience for external guests!
- Join an 8x8 Virtual Office meeting in a few clicks without needing to download any software or plug-ins.
- View HD video from other participants, and share video from your camera.
- View on-screen content shared by participants joining from Virtual Office.
Note: To share your own on-screen content, you must download and join meetings from the Virtual Office desktop app.
-At this time, Virtual Office Meetings Online needs Google Chrome to run. Support for other browsers is coming soon.
-Virtual Office Meetings Online is supported only in English.
- Experience the new Virtual Office Meetings in version 5.0 of the Virtual Office desktop app:
Note: Features available in Virtual Office Meetings vary based on which version of the Virtual Office desktop app you are running.
- Say goodbye to one-time meetings that expire! Now, you can create Virtual Office meetings that stay active for as long as needed; use them to schedule calendar events via your usual calendar app.
- Want an extra layer of security for your meeting? From Virtual Office or from a plug-in, reset the Meeting ID and Host ID of any meeting that you host.
- Hosting a large meeting, or unable to host the entire meeting? You can now add other Virtual Office users as co-hosts directly from a plug-in calendar event.
- You can schedule meeting events in your desired calendar app, such as Google Calendar.
- Enjoy improvements to your Virtual Office Meetings integration and call integration experience with Microsoft Outlook. As an Outlook user, schedule Virtual Office meeting from start to finish via Outlook calendar, and enjoy a seamless calling experience with Virtual Office.
Open topic with navigation