Select Caller ID
A caller ID shows who is calling before you pick up the phone by displaying caller information on the screen of your phone. A caller ID helps you screen a call before you answer or reject it. Depending on your extension permissions set by your phone system administrator, you may have access to a number of different Caller IDs to choose from. You can select from these or an anonymous Caller ID from your profile.
To select your Caller ID:
- Click the profile image icon in the header to access your profile.
- Click the phone number drop-down next to Caller ID to open your list of available IDs.
- From the drop-down, you can select the desired Caller ID or, to block your Caller ID from others:
- Select Anonymous from the drop-down (if your organization was an existing 8x8 customer as of version 5.0).
- Select the Block Caller ID check box below the drop-down (if your organization became an 8x8 customer after version 5.0).
Open topic with navigation