Configure Contact Settings
To change settings for your contact directory, you must first switch to the classic interface. You can only access settings in the classic interface as a Virtual Office Classic user.
Note: At this time, you can only configure certain settings if your organization is a Virtual Office Classic customer (and if you are enabled to access Classic Mode). If your organization is a Virtual Office Editions customer, these settings are not available.
To configure your contact settings as a Virtual Office Classic user:
- While using the new interface, go to More > Settings.
- Enable Virtual Office Classic.
- Accept the prompt to restart the app. You may also need to accept the terms and conditions for classic mode. When the app reopens, the classic interface is enabled.
- To access settings, click the Settings icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Under the Contacts tab, you can choose to:
- Hide or display:
- 8x8 contacts in your company phone system
- 8x8 contacts that you created in Virtual Office
- Import contacts from:
- Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 (company or personal)
- Microsoft Outlook (company or personal)
- Skype for Business (Lync)
- Sort your displayed contacts by:
- Last name
- First name
- Presence status
Open topic with navigation