If enabled by your phone system administrator, you can record your Virtual Office calls to review important conversations or track call quality as permitted by your organization. You have up to 1 GB of free call recording storage available to use; if you exceed the storage capacity, additional space is added automatically without cutting short or interrupting an active recording.
- Use extension-level call recording service.
- Choose to always record, or record calls as needed.
- Review, download, or delete call recordings.
- Choose whether to automatically announce to other party that the call is being recorded.
- Use up to 35 hours of recording (1GB) shared with Virtual Office Meetings recording space.
Note: Call recording is available to you based on subscription.
Note: By default, you have 1 GB of free storage (up to approximately 35 hours of audio) for audio and shared content recording. For your convenience, your storage capacity is automatically upgraded in 1 GB increments if you go over your default limit. If you have access to Classic Mode, you can track your current storage capacity.
Note: Recording notification requirements vary from location to location. Before configuring call recording options, please familiarize yourself with laws and requirements in the areas in which you anticipate recording calls.
To record a call:
- While on a call, click More to open a menu. Depending on legal requirements, notify the other party that the call is about to be recorded.
- From the menu that pops up, select Record.
You and the other party hear an announcement that the call is being recorded.
- To stop the recording:
- Click More to open a menu.
- From the menu that pops up, select Stop Recording.
- You and the other party hear an announcement that the call is no longer being recorded.
Access Call Recordings
If you make a recording while in a call, you can easily access and review it later from the Virtual Office desktop app.
To access call recordings:
- In the More tab, go to Recordings.
- In the list of recordings that opens, you can play or pause the desired recording to review it. You can also:
- Call back: Hover over the recording, and click the Phone icon that pops up.
- Delete: Hover over the recording, and click the Delete icon that pops up. You are able to select which recordings you want to delete; once you are finished selecting, click Delete.
- Download: Hover over the recording, click the More icon that pops up, and select Download.
Open topic with navigation