Use Call Queues
As a member of a call queue, you can receive calls directed to your queue, and can work with other members in the queue to deliver a more effective customer experience.
As a Virtual Office Editions User
As a member of one or more call queues, you can answer calls sent to your call queue. Depending on your call queue setup, you may either log in to your call queue(s) manually, or be logged in automatically when you log in to the Virtual Office desktop app. By default, you are logged in to your call queues automatically.
To access your call queues:
- At the top of your Virtual Office desktop app window, click the Call Queue icon to open a list of your assigned call queues.
- In the list of call queues, next to the desired call queue, you can:
- If enabled by your administrator, log in or out of the available call queues as needed. Depending on the status, your call queues are listed as Available or Logged in.
- If available to your subscription, click the Analytics icon to open details on the call queue in Virtual Office Analytics.
As a Virtual Office Classic User
If your organization is a Virtual Office Classic customer, some of your settings are only accessible from the classic interface (available based on your organization's settings). As a member of a call queue, you can be assigned to one or more call queues at a time. At this time, as a Virtual Office Classic user, you are only able to log in to your call queues from Classic Mode.
Known limitation: At this time, as a Virtual Office Classic user, you must use a workaround to log in or out of your call queues in the new interface.
To log in or out of your call queues in the new interface:
Ensure that your call audio goes through your computer.
By default, you make and receive calls in the Virtual Office desktop app using your computer microphone and speakers. By clicking the icon of your calling device in the header, you can switch your calling device or number, or add another number to call from.
To switch calling device:
- In the header, click the icon indicating the device you use to make Virtual Office calls.
- In the Call using menu that opens, you can select:
- Computer: Use your computer to make calls, and choose which microphone and speakers to use for call audio. If you are using a headset, please refer to our details on call control via headset.
- Desk phone: Use your desk phone to make calls; even if you dial a number or click to call from the Virtual Office desktop app, the call will be placed from your desk phone.
- To automatically send the call from the desk phone once the number is dialed from Virtual Office, enable Auto Connect.
- To send the call from the desk phone by picking up the receiver manually once the number is dialed from Virtual Office, disable Auto Connect.
- If your desk phone also supports incoming call management for Virtual Office, enable Device supports Answer.
- Custom number: You can add other numbers to the list to call from as needed, such as your mobile number.
- Close the menu to apply your changes.
Create two personal contacts to log in and log out of call queues.
- Go to My Contacts.
- Click the New Contact icon, and select Add new contact to start creating a new contact.
- Enter the contact details. You can name the contacts to indicate their purpose (such as LogOutCallQueue).
When you are finished with a contact, click Save contact. The personal contact now shows up under Contacts > My Contacts.
- For the contact used to log in, list the phone number as <557,,1>.
- For the contact used to log out, list the phone number as <557,,3>.
- For quick access, mark the two contacts as favorites from their contact screens. Call them whenever you need to log in or out of your call queues.
Open topic with navigation