Overview: Integrate with Microsoft Outlook
The 8x8 Microsoft Integration plug-in allows you to place outbound calls, receive incoming calls, and schedule Virtual Office meetings using your Microsoft Outlook email client. Just click to place calls right from an email or your Outlook contacts list.
There are two ways to place a call with just a click of your mouse.
- Right-click a contact from their email address or your Outlook contacts list, and select Call with 8x8 from the drop-down menu.
- Open a contact from your contacts list and select 8x8 Call from the top.
You can now schedule a Virtual Office meeting in Outlook using the 8x8 Microsoft Integration plug-in with Virtual Office Meetings. This allows you to check the schedule of your meeting invitees in Outlook and book a convenient time for all.
Virtual Office Outlook Integration requires:
- 8x8 Virtual Office Meetings
- The Virtual Office desktop app installed on your computer
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 7 and newer
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 and newer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Access contacts' calendar events in Outlook.
- Access non-contact Outlook users and your global contact directory (including company contacts outside of your PBX).
- Join Virtual Office meeting video using your in-room conferencing system.
- For additional capabilities of Virtual Office Meetings, click here.
- The Virtual Office desktop app does not sync both ways with Outlook. For example, if you organize a Virtual Office meeting in Outlook, it syncs with the Virtual Office desktop app, but you are not allowed to modify that same meeting on the Virtual Office desktop app; the Outlook calendar will not be in sync.
- At this time, in the Virtual Office desktop app, you are not able to view individual Virtual Office meeting sessions scheduled in Outlook from the Virtual Office calendar.
View Additional Information
For information on the plug-in, please refer to:
Open topic with navigation