You are here: About Faxes
With Virtual Office Internet Fax, your fax service is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Send business faxes directly to a company contact's Virtual Office extension, where the contact can access them from their desktop or mobile app at any time. You are able to send virtually any document on your computer as a fax, and manage past and received faxes from the convenience of your desktop.
Note: This Virtual Office fax experience is specific to the latest interface of the Virtual Office desktop app.
Note: Starting with version 6.0 of the Virtual Office desktop app, Classic Mode is no longer supported.
Note: As a user of version 5.9 or older of the Virtual Office desktop app, you can only access Classic Mode if your organization is a Virtual Office Classic customer. If your organization has requested to disable Classic Mode access (or is an X Series or Virtual Office Editions customer), Classic Mode is not available.
- Set up convenient fax notifications: In your fax settings, you can choose whether to receive email notifications when you send or receive a fax. You can configure these notifications to be text-only, choose to include a link to access faxes, attach the fax itself to the notification, or all three. If you choose to include fax attachments, faxes up to 200 pages in length can be attached.
- Send faxes: Attach multiple files in a single fax, to a total of just under 20 MB.
- Attach business details to a fax: Include additional information in your fax cover sheet before you send a fax, such as your contact information and business number.
- Receive and manage faxes: Access a fax directly from Virtual Office for up to 120 days, and download an important fax to keep it for longer.
- You may experience issues sending or receiving faxes more than 50 pages in length.
- Classic Mode supports creating a customized fax cover sheet with your logo and company details, but customization in the new experience is more limited.
- In your fax settings, you can choose whether to receive email notifications when you send or receive a fax. If you choose to include a link to your voicemails, this link directs you to an online resource, rather than to the Virtual Office desktop app or Virtual Office mobile app.
Open topic with navigation