View Caller Info Pop-Up
If your organization keeps track of customers and callers on a site or in an application, you can configure the Virtual Office desktop app to bring up additional information on the caller in your browser. Based on the phone number of an incoming call, the system extracts more information from a URL that you specify. For example, search for caller information on ServiceNow or Google, and view more context about the caller before you accept the call.
Let's say that the veterinary branch of the Acme Health organization uses an application to keep track of their customers, so that customer information is always on hand. By entering a URL appropriate to their application in the Virtual Office desktop app, anyone answering a call on behalf of the veterinary clinic can quickly view details on a caller, such as their last appointment, their pet's health history, and much more!
To set up caller info pop-ups:
- In the Settings tab, go to Caller info pop-up.
- Enter a web or application URL with a search query to search for a caller's number. In our example, we create a URL that searches for any information related to the phone number on www.google.com.
- Start the search string by entering a specific site or app base URL (in our case, <https://www.google.com/>).
- Append a search query appropriate to the base URL (for www.google.com, we enter the query <#q=>).
- Finish the search string by appending the request for the phone number (<%%CallerNumber%%>).
- Once you enter your URL, you see options to:
- Select which number format you want to use for the search that runs automatically in the pop-up. Depending on which site or application you are referencing in your URL, different number formats are more effective than others for producing useful information. Most users in the United States may prefer National format, and most European users would use E164, but ensure that the number format you are using is the same format that works best for the site or app referenced in your URL.
- View a pop-up while an incoming call is still ringing, or only have the pop-up appear once you answer the call.
- Your URL and selected number format are saved automatically; all incoming calls you receive are accompanied by a caller info pop-up in your browser based on your URL.
Note: If the caller ID is blocked by the caller, the URL is unable to pull up information based on a number, and no pop-up appears.
Open topic with navigation