Use our powerful business-class voicemail feature to view and listen to your voicemails online, have them delivered to your email box, or access them by phone. A voicemail is a voice message that a caller leaves when you are not able to answer their call. When you can’t answer the phone, 8x8 voicemail is there with all the business-class features you need.
- View, manage, delete, and download your voicemails online at any time!
- Listen to voicemails via email, by phone, or by logging in to your Virtual Office desktop app, or your Virtual Office mobile app on iOS or Android.
- Return calls directly from a voicemail message.
- Send a message to the caller who left the voicemail. The caller must be a user in the same phone system.
- Forward voicemails to another extension: users can forward a message to another user on their system to share information.
- Receive voicemail notifications via email: receive voicemail alert notifications or voicemail audio file attachments via email.
In addition to finding your received voicemails under the Calls tab, you can also access and manage your voicemails via phone. In addition, you can edit your settings to be notified via email when you receive a voicemail.
To access and manage voicemails from the app:
- Go to Calls > Voicemails to view all recent voicemails.
- In the list of voicemails that opens, you can play or pause, fast-forward or rewind, and change the audio speed of the desired voicemail to review it. The voicemail that is currently playing is highlighted in blue, so you can easily find it even if you have scrolled away from the voicemail.
You can also:
- Call back: Hover over the voicemail, and click the Phone icon that pops up.
- Delete: Hover over the voicemail, and click the Delete icon that pops up. You are able to select which voicemails you want to delete; once you are finished selecting, click Delete.
- Mark as read or unread: Hover over the voicemail, click the More icon that pops up, and select Mark Read or Mark Unread. You are able to select which voicemails you want to mark; once you are finished selecting, click Mark read or Mark unread to confirm.
- Download: Hover over the voicemail, click the More icon that pops up, and select Download to save it as an AU file. A window pops up in which you can choose where to store the downloaded file.
- Message: Hover over the voicemail, click the More icon that pops up, and select Message to send a chat message to the caller who left the voicemail.
- View details: Hover over the voicemail, click the More icon that pops up, and select Contact details to view information associated with the caller who left the voicemail.
To access and manage voicemails via phone:
You can access your voicemails using your extension or another extension in the same PBX, or change your voicemail greeting via desk phone. For details on navigating the voicemail menu, you can view the 8x8 Voicemail Quick Reference Guide.
Access Voicemail via Email
To access and manage voicemails via email as an X Series or Virtual Office Editions user:
- Under More > Settings > Account settings > Voicemail, enable email notifications for incoming voicemails.
- When you receive a voicemail in Virtual Office, you can open the email notification to access the desired content.
To access and manage voicemails via email as a Virtual Office Classic user:
- Go to More > Settings > Account settings to open your account settings.
- Under My Services, enable email notifications for incoming voicemails. In the email, you can choose to include:
- A link to a web page where you can access your voicemails, and an attachment containing the voicemail.
- Only an attachment containing the voicemail.
- Only a link to a web page where you can access your voicemails.
- Only a written notification that the voicemail was received.
- When you receive a voicemail in Virtual Office, you can open the email notification to access the desired content. If you configured your email notifications to include an attachment containing the voicemail, you can access your voicemail directly from your inbox.
Create Personal Contacts from Voicemails
If you frequently communicate with a number outside of your company contacts, you can create a personal contact directly from a voicemail.
- Go to Calls > Voicemails.
- Hover over the desired contact, and then click the More icon that appears to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down, select Create new contact to start creating a new contact; the number and Caller ID (if one exists) are automatically filled in.
- Enter the contact details.
- When you are finished, save your changes. The personal contact now shows up under Contacts > My Contacts.
Open topic with navigation