You are here: Create a Custom Report
Create a Custom Report
With 8x8 VCC Analytics, you can now generate a report that draws metrics to match your organization’s needs. Whether the need is to supervise the productivity of agents or analyze the traffic for queues, VCC Analytics gives you the flexibility to create a custom report and extract the desired metrics. You can create a report, and save the query for repeated use. By default, supervisors inherit the ability to track metrics only for the agent groups and queues that they supervise.
- Generate on-demand and scheduled reports on various metrics tailored to your organization's needs.
- Focus on agent-level or queue-level metrics.
- Select metrics to include in a report, and filter metrics by additional dimensions, such as time ranges, agent groups, and much more.
- Run a report instantly, or schedule it to run periodically to give you a regular update on the status of your queue and agents.
To create a custom report:
Step 1: Select a category.
A category defines the ability to extract metrics for:
- Agent Transactions: Get key performance metrics for agents.
- Queue Transactions: Get key performance metrics for queues.
Step 2: Select Measures.
Measures are individual metrics that help you determine performance of queues or agents. Based on the category selected, a set of measures are available to you by default. For agents, you can select measures such as the number of interactions accepted or rejected, average handling time, and more. For queues, you can select measures such as the number of interactions entered, abandoned, and more.
Step 3: Select Dimensions.
Dimensions allow you to apply many filters, such as specify the tenant for which you need metrics, select a time range (quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly), or specify agent groups, agents, or queues. Add multiple dimensions for extracting granular data. You can drill down to get granular data, such as the performance of an agent group on a specific day during a specific hour.
Step 4: Run the report.
To run the report, click to view the data in the form of a table.
From the navigation menu icons, click the drop-down menu, and select the desired visual format.
Step 5: Save the report.
After defining a query with desired parameters, you can save the report for repeated use.
To save the query:
- From the top navigation icons, click .
- Select the destination folder.
- All report queries you create are by default saved in a custom folder for you. Save it in your folder. If you save it in a public folder, others can view it.
- Enter the name of the report in the File text entry box.
- Click Save. You can access this report at any time.
Note: You can open and edit the report queries you have created. You cannot edit queries generated by other users, but you can still view it based on permissions.
Step 6: Schedule the report.
You can schedule to generate and email this report periodically to specified recipients. For details on scheduling a report, click here.
Let's understand how to create a sample custom report by studying the following example.
Objective: As a contact center manager, you want to review the performance of your agent groups each week. You would like to receive a weekly report for the past week on every Monday morning.
To create a weekly report:
Step 1: Create a report to gather performance metrics on agent groups.
- From the navigation menu, select Create Reports.
To create a custom report, you must select:
- Category: Select if the report is for agents or queues.
- Measures: Select the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the category chosen.
- Dimensions: Identify the tenant, agent groups, and the time period for the report.
- Under Categories, select Agent Transactions.
- The Measures box shows the available metrics for agents.
- Select the desired metrics by single-clicking, or by dragging and dropping them in the Measures box.
- In the Dimensions box, select Relative Date, and click Date. The selected dimension shows in the Rows box.
- Click Date to open the date range dialog box.
- Click Advanced for advanced settings.
- For custom relative date range, select Weeks ago for Starting and Ending dates.
- To extract data for the past week, enter <1> for Starting and <1> for Ending.
Note: The date range parameter weeks refer to a calendar week. For a non-calendar week, such as Wed-Tues, please use Basic search and select Past 7 days in the date range.
- Select the agent groups you wish to supervise by opening Agent > Agent Groups in the dimensions.
If you wish to filter agent groups, click the agent group link, and select the desired agent groups by selecting them individually.
Note: You can swap the dimensions between rows and columns.
- The report query is now complete. You are now ready to save or run this query.
- From the top navigation icons, click to run the query.
- Save the report query as described here.
- After saving the report query, schedule to receive the weekly report for the past week every Monday morning. To schedule the query, follow the instructions explained in Step 2.
Step 2: Schedule to generate this report automatically and notify via email periodically.
To schedule the saved report query:
- From the top task menu, click .
- Enter a schedule name, and click Next. This helps you keep track of scheduled reports.
- Indicate how often you want to generate the report. For example, you can set the report to run every Monday morning at 8 AM.
- For Recurrence, select Weekly from the available options.
- Start Time indicates the time to initiate report generation. Select <8 AM> for the time, and <Monday> for the day of the week you want to run this weekly report.
- Range of Recurrence: Indicate how long you want to run this report by selecting an end date. If you do not choose an end date, the report generates every Monday until it is stopped manually.
To schedule a daily report:
i) Select Daily for Recurrence.
ii) Set a start time and enter to start every <1> day(s).
iii) In Range of Recurrence, select a start date to begin generating the report.
iv) Select No end date to keep generating the daily reports indefinitely.
- Click Next.
- Select the report type from the available options. Enter a report name that helps you identify the report for later use.
- In the Email tab, enter the email IDs of all desired recipients for this report. Add a subject line and message as desired.
- Click Ok to complete the process of scheduling the report. The report is generated as scheduled, and you begin to receive it via email.
Once scheduled, the report is generated, and the email recipients are notified as configured.
Open topic with navigation