You are here: Overview
8x8 Virtual Office for Zendesk brings phone communication through a dialer to your Zendesk environment. The application launches conveniently from your Zendesk dashboard, allowing you to combine the benefits of Zendesk with the capabilities of Virtual Office, and interact with your customers via phone without having to switch to another app.
Upon receiving an inbound call, the app tracks if the caller is an existing user by searching Zendesk contacts, and pops the matching record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This way, you gain full insight into communications with any returning customer. You can be better informed and prepared to answer customer calls by previewing relevant customer record details before accepting a call.
Using Virtual Office for Zendesk, you can:
- Manage customer phone calls from a convenient integrated app on the Zendesk console.
- Be ready for any call by previewing matching end user record details before accepting a call.
- Record live conversations on demand for accurate data monitoring of your agent or customer interactions, and access call recordings from the Virtual Office desktop app.
- Improve customer service with advanced call handling capabilities, such as call transfer and multiple party calling.
- Reduce the time the customer waits while you look up record details.
- Track the outcome of each call using customizable call result codes.
- Create notes against your contacts during and after your conversation, with the ability to create tickets leveraging five standard Zendesk fields.
- Import contacts from the Zendesk and Virtual Office company directories for a quick search, and click any contact in the imported directory to make a call.
- Track end user call logs.
- At this time, Virtual Office for Zendesk is only available in the United States and United Kingdom.
- When logging calls:
- Calls must be logged manually, as automatic call logging is not supported.
- Updating notes to an existing call log creates a new ticket in Zendesk instead of updating existing ticket.
- Call recording links must be inserted into Zendesk manually in order to record calls.
- Single Sign-On is not supported.
- Auto Attendant is not supported.
- Ring Groups and Call Queue extensions are not supported.
- Custom fields created in Zendesk are not supported.
- You can no longer set your status to Accept or Reject.
- You cannot click to call from the app if your extension does not have a desk phone assigned.
- No click-to-dial capability from a ticket or end user record within Zendesk.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Office extension
- Login access to a Zendesk account
Open topic with navigation