During or after a call, open the Notes tab of the call screen to enter notes and create an informative call log, which you can then access in Zendesk. You can log calls for unknown numbers as well as for existing contacts. In addition, you or your administrator can select from a list of call outcome codes to indicate how the call ended.
The best time to log a call is immediately after the call ends; use notes taken during the call to create a call log for future reference. If you do not log a call immediately after it ends, the blank call notes are available to edit in the Call Log tab of the app.
To log a call immediately:
- During a call, or after the call ends, go to the Notes tab of the call screen that remains open.
- Finish entering information important to the call, and click Save Call Log.
To log an unworked call:
- Open the Call Log tab of the app, and go to the Unworked sub-tab.
- In the list of unworked calls, hover over the desired call, and click the Notes icon.
- Enter information important to the call, and click Save and Close.
- Once you have logged all noteworthy calls, click the Delete icon next to the name of the Unworked tab to clear the list.
To access call logs:
- In the Zendesk header, click the Search icon to open a search bar.
- Enter the name of the contact or entity that you have logged a call with. A list of call logs associated with the contact opens.
- Click the desired call log to review. The title, status, and public or private nature of the comments to be made on the call log are populated from the information you logged in Virtual Office for Zendesk.
Open topic with navigation