You are here: Setting up Integration > Install 8x8 Virtual Office Application
Install 8x8 Virtual Office Application
Important: For Salesforce administrators only.
Installing 8x8 Virtual Office application is a one-time task for the administrator. Once installed, the app is available to all Salesforce agents.
Step 1 : Install the app.
- Log in to your Salesforce administrator account.
- Navigate to appexchange.
- Find and select 8x8 Virtual Office app.
It shows the package installation details.
- Click Continue.
Step 1: Approve Package API Access - Click Next.
Step 2: Choose security level - Click Next.
Step 3: Install Package - Click Install.
Once the installation is complete, you are notified that the installation is complete.
Step 2: Add Users
In this step, identify and set up Salesforce users acting as call center agents.
- Go to Setup > Customize > Call Centers.
- Select to open 8x8 Virtual Office.
- Click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Find to list all users or add filters to search for specific users.
- From the list of users, select the desired users and click Add to Call Center.
Step 3: Add the VOAPI server domain into the white list.
This step is required for facilitating automatic relation of browsed objects to the call log in console mode. This must be completed for the benefit of Salesforce console users. Make sure the VOAPI server domain is added into the white listed domains for any Salesforce Console App that will be used with the plugin. By default Salesforce Consoles do not allow cross domain calls. Taking this step allows the Console to update the 8x8 plugin on a users Salesforce browsing.
- Go to Setup > Create > Apps.
- Select to edit your Salesforce Console from the list.
- In the Whitelist Domains section add the VOAPI server domain—
Users with Single Sign-On Requirements
Step 4 and 5 are required if you want to enable Single Sign-On capabilities to your users.
Existing users with single sign-on requirements and call log customization must remove the current instance of the Virtual Office app and reinstall the new package from the Appexchange to use the improved 8x8 Virtual Office app.
Step 4: Upload Salesforce ID in Account Manager
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Navigate to Accounts tab.
- Select a desired user profile and click Edit.
- Find the field labeled Salesforce ID.
- Add the user's Salesforce username to this field.
- Click Save.
To upload Salesforce ID for multiple users, you can download the CSV template from Account Manager, update the Salesforce username and upload it back again.
- From the Accounts tab, go to User Profiles list.
- Click Download CSV Template.
- Open the template and add Salesforce username to all the desired users and save it.
- From User Profiles page, click the Upload CSV Template.
- At the prompt, click Proceed.
- Click the Add button and navigate to the file you saved earlier.
- Click Upload.
Step 5: Enable Single Sign-On in Salesforce.
- In Salesforce. Go to Set up.
- Search for Call Center.
- From the list, select to edit 8x8 Virtual Office Non Console.
- In General Information, enter <true> for Enable Salesforce SSO.
- Save the changes.
Open topic with navigation