You are here: Features
The 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel gives you control of your 8x8 phone from within Salesforce, allowing you to combine the benefits of Salesforce with the capabilities of Virtual Office.
The application launches conveniently within Salesforce, enabling you to click-to-dial, quickly identify customers based on an inbound call (via records that pop up on an incoming or outgoing call), and improve the efficiency of logging calls. With these records, you can gain full insight into communications with any returning customer, and be prepared to follow up with them whenever they may call.
Using the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel, you can:
- Manage customer phone calls from a convenient integrated app within Salesforce.
- Whether you are using the Console capabilities or not, enjoy seamless 8x8 integration with the Salesforce environment, and an intuitive interface that makes it easier for agents to interact with customers.
- Record live conversations on demand for accurate data monitoring of your agent or customer interactions, and access the recordings from call logs via a link to call recordings.
- Know who is calling before you accept the call, as well as see past interactions with the caller.
- Quickly and intuitively log call details and follow-up tasks into Salesforce so account teams and management can stay abreast of customer and prospect communication.
- Speed up deal closure and improve customer service with advanced call handling capabilities, such as call transfer and multiple party calling.
- Track the outcome of each call using customizable call dispositions.
- Quickly find and chat or talk with colleagues to serve customers faster or advance prospects through the sales process more quickly.
- As a Salesforce Lightning user, integrate with Lightning mode.
- No click to answer from the app if you are not using a desk phone.
- Due to existing issues with other browsers, we recommend using Google Chrome for the best user experience.
- Performance is impacted by the number of browser tabs opened in Chrome. Users are encouraged to limit to five to seven browser tabs.
- Does not support the inbound call features of ring groups, auto-attendant, and call queues. Users wishing for these features can access them with other Virtual Office solutions.
- The Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel needs to be loaded fully for click-to-dial to work in Salesforce.
Available on Salesforce Editions (Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance).
- Login access to 8x8 Virtual Office extension.
- Supported browsers: Chrome (PC and Mac)
Open topic with navigation