You are here: Install and Configure in Lightning Mode
Install and Configure the Communication Panel in Lighting Mode
Installing the Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel for Salesforce Lightning requires you to walk through the following steps:
- Clear your browser cache.
- Make sure you have installed an earlier version of Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel (previously known as the Virtual Office App for Salesforce). If you have not installed it, click here for detailed installation instructions.
Step 1: Import the New Salesforce Call Center XML File
Note: If you installed the XML file from Salesforce Classic mode as documented above, you do not need to repeat that process; the call center will also appear in Lightning mode. In that case, skip to Step 8 below.
- Click this link to download the XML document.
- Right-click on the displayed file and select Save Page as to download the XML file to a location where you can find it.
- While logged in as an administrator in Salesforce, click Setup.
- Enter <call centers> in the Quick Find/Search box.
- From the resulting list, click Call Centers (plural, not singular).
- If you see this warning,check the box for Don’t Show Me This Page Again.
- In All Call Centers page, click Import.
- Click Choose File, navigate to the location of the saved XML file, select it, and click Open.
- Click Import.
- After import, you may need to edit the 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation_Lightning.
- Change any other settings according to your business needs.
- Click Save.
- Add users to the call centers app (Next Generation_Lightning). Enter <call centers> again in the Quick Find/Search box.
- Select 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation_Lightning.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Identify and select users who need Lightning version of the Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel, and click Add to Call Center.
- Switch to the Lightning Experience in Salesforce before continuing.
Step 2: Enable CTI for Sales Users
The purpose of this section is to enable the Virtual Office for Salesforce Communication Panel to appear in the Salesforce Utility Bar for Salesforce users.
- Click Setup, which is the sprocket icon to the top right of the page.
- In the Quick Find, type App Manager, and click the link.
- In Setup > Lightning Experience App Manager, find the appropriate application such as Sales LightningSales, click the drop down on the far right and select Edit.
- Click the UTILITY BAR tab. Next to Utility Bar Items, click Add.
- Search for Open CTI Softphone, or just select it.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- A message should appear at the top of the screen stating utility bar changes are saved. Click Done.
Information from Salesforce about Lightning:
Open topic with navigation