You are here: Set up Call Recording
Configure Access to Call Recording
Call recordings can be accessed from call logs. The call log of a recorded call provides a link to the call recording . Users can click the link and download the recordings. To configure access to call recordings in Salesforce call logs, you must create a custom field for call recording in Salesforce Task object,and map this field to call log.
For detailed instructions on how to customize call logs in Salesforce, click here.
Step 1: Create a New Custom Field in the Salesforce Task Object
- Click Setup within Salesforce.
- Type <Activity Custom Fields> in the setup Quick Find/Search field
- Click Activity Custom Fields.
- Choose data type URL and click Next.
- Fill in a field name such as Call_Recording and click Next.
- Setup Field Name security: Choose those people who you want to include and have access to this field, and exclude those whom you do not want to have access to this field and click Next.
- Ensure tasks are selected for inclusion of this field and click Save.
Step 2: Enable and Map the Custom Field
- Go to Setup.
- Type Call Center in the setup Quick Find/Search field, and click on Call Center
- Find the new call center entry and click Edit.
- Set Enable Salesforce SSO to true.
Note: Single Sign-On (SSO) is required for this feature to work.
- Find the field labeled Call Log Call Recording Enabled and change the value to true.
- Find the field labeled Call Recording URL (Need SSO Enabled) and enter the API name of the new custom field you created in Step 2. E.g. Call_Recording__c
- Click Save.
- We recommend users to log out of and back into Salesforce.
Open topic with navigation