The 8x8 Virtual Office Communication Panel gives you control of your 8x8 phone from within Salesforce. The application launches conveniently within Salesforce allowing you to click to dial, quickly identify customers based on an inbound call (a.k.a screen pop), and improve the efficiency of logging calls.
Using the 8x8 Virtual Office Communication Panel, you can:
- Speed up deal closure and improve customer service with advanced call handling capabilities such as call transfer and multiple party calling.
- Track outcome of each call using customizable call dispositions.
- Quickly find and chat or talk with colleges to advance prospects faster through the sales process or serve customers faster.
- Support for Lighting platform users.
Limitations and Known Issues
- No click to answer from the app if not using a desk phone.
- Due to existing issues with other browsers, we recommend using Chrome for the best user experience.
- Performance is impacted by the number of opened Chrome browser tabs. Users are encouraged to limit to five to seven browser tabs.
- Does not support the inbound call features of ring groups, auto-attendant, and call queues. Users wishing for these features can access them with other Virtual Office solutions.
- Communication Panel needs to be loaded fully for click-to-dial to work in Salesforce.
- In order to store call log activity, contacts must be associated with an entity such as an account or a lead.
Open topic with navigation