About Phone Calls
The Virtual Office desktop app gives you a flexible and efficient calling experience under the convenient Calls tab, and enables you to enhance your communications via a versatile call management system.
- Set call recording and voicemail preferences: Choose whether to record calls you make and receive, if permitted. In addition, you can choose whether to receive email notifications when you receive voicemail, so that you can stay on top of your communications at all times.
- Place and receive calls: Connect with your colleagues and personal contacts, and make or receive calls to external numbers at any time.
- Transfer calls: Need to direct a caller to a colleague who can answer their question? Simply transfer your call in a few clicks.
- Park calls for easy retrieval: Let's say your call has taken some time, and you want to switch from a conference phone to your mobile device; you can park the call to temporarily put the caller on hold, and just enter the call park extension number you are given, allowing you to pick the call back up from any phone or device!
- Record calls and review recordings: If enabled by your organization's subscription, you can record calls based on your local laws and requirements. Record all calls, or begin recording with the click of a button while on a call. After the call is over, you can retrieve your call recording for future reference within the app.
- Handle multiple calls at once: Easily handle two calls in parallel, or merge your calls into a three-way conference at any time.
- Handle calls in call queues: If you are part of a call queue, the Virtual Office desktop app enables you to work with other members in the queue to deliver a more effective customer experience.
- Access call history: Quickly scan through your call history, and easily return missed calls and follow up on calls with your contacts or external numbers.
- Access voicemails: If you miss a call, you can see if the caller left you a voicemail message, and call back to follow up accordingly.
- Use call integration with Skype for Business: As a Skype for Business user, you can combine the contact system of Skype for Business with the calling capabilities of Virtual Office.
- Use call integration with Microsoft Outlook: As a Microsoft Outlook user, you can combine the features of Outlook with the calling capabilities of Virtual Office.
Open topic with navigation